Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
Low-Attenuation Lesions in Liver

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Low-Attenuation Lesions in Liver

Dr:
I recently had a ct scan (post-op for uterine cancer)... Everything seems of normal size and contrast. However, there was several well-defined low-attenuation lesions within the liver.  I do not see the gyn/oncologist for a few more weeks.
Can you explain what that finding means?  The final comments said "no retroperitoneal adenopathy is detected."
Thank you.
these low attenuation lesion in the liver especially on the post contrast scans and with your history of uterien cancer may indicate secondaries or spread of cancer.This can be becaudse of blood borne spread of the tumour. Further evaluation by treating oncologist will help and histopathological evaluation will be confirmatory.

Wouldn't that show in the lymph system then?  There seems to be no problem with that...  My uterine cancer was just in the endometrial layer and a few mm into the mymetrium but because of a hysterscope a few cells were found in the wash.. That upgraded me to stage IIIA, but at this time we are just observing with no adjuvant therapy.
Thank you