Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
Low-Attenuation Lesions in Liver
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low-Attenuation Lesions in Liver

Dr:
I recently had a ct scan (post-op for uterine cancer)... Everything seems of normal size and contrast. However, there was several well-defined low-attenuation lesions within the liver.  I do not see the gyn/oncologist for a few more weeks.
Can you explain what that finding means?  The final comments said "no retroperitoneal adenopathy is detected."
Thank you.
Related Discussions
301037_tn?1213868178
these low attenuation lesion in the liver especially on the post contrast scans and with your history of uterien cancer may indicate secondaries or spread of cancer.This can be becaudse of blood borne spread of the tumour. Further evaluation by treating oncologist will help and histopathological evaluation will be confirmatory.

2 Comments
Blank
Wouldn't that show in the lymph system then?  There seems to be no problem with that...  My uterine cancer was just in the endometrial layer and a few mm into the mymetrium but because of a hysterscope a few cells were found in the wash.. That upgraded me to stage IIIA, but at this time we are just observing with no adjuvant therapy.
Thank you
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank