Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
5x4mm noncalcified upper lobe nodule: BC survivor

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

As an advanced Breast Cancer survivor, I just had a CT scan showing discoid opacities in both lungs including lower lobes. The report also says a noncalcified right upper lobe nodule (5mm) and calcification in left lateral lung meas.2mm. Most answers here suggest benign, but I'm a high risk candidate. What would you do with this information if you were me?
I would first request that the most recent CT scan that you cite be compared with all previous X-rays and CT Scans.  If the nodules were previously present, that would obviate the need for further diagnostic studies. The discoid opacities are highly likely to be benign as are the nodules, the one by virtue of its small size and the second because of its calcification, as you have indicated.

Nevertheless, a slight degree of certainty in this circumstance is inevitable.  It would be appropriate to have a discussion with your oncologist to discuss the likely nature of these abnormalities, in terms of probabilities, given the specifics of the CT and the radiologists full interpretation.  If you remain uneasy following that discussion, you might want to request a second opinion but since a minimally invasive procedure would be unlikely to provide a diagnosis, the best course of action is probably to wait and repeat (a localized) CT in several months.

Just don’t hesitate to seek a carefully considered opinion, based on all available evidence, from your caregivers.

Good luck.
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. I got nothing from my Onc other than "not to worry". Unsatisfactory response. Yours was the minimal I should have received.