Bad smell coming from nose..Found a Cure!!! Yayyyy
This is not a question but answer..i couldnt find how to comment or answer!

I have been suffering from a really horrible smell coming from my nostrils and if i sniffed i could also taste it..i tried actifed tablets and cattarh caspules but after a week it was still there..as if i had bad breath but instead of coming from my mouth it was coming from my nose..very embaressing as I work with customers every day and was sure they could smell it too.  So I went to the doctor and he gave me a nasal cream called Naseptin and some tablets called Erythromycin. After only a day of using these the smell has gone!  So there is a cure out there...its just finding the right one..now i dont know if its the cream that works or the tablets or both together but im just glad its gone. I have to finish the course tho. I was told that the smell was caused by bacteria that lives in the nose which had got infected. Hope this helps.

This discussion is related to bad odor smell from nose (continued).
I hope to offer a little bit of help! I am in the UK, and too suffered with this rotten smell in my nose when inhaling, it got soo bad I could taste it, and I could smell nothing, but this foul odor, and was making me physically sick to my stomach. Now, I went to see my Doctor who thinks it was my sinus blocked with mucus due to phlegm. My Dr prescribed 100mg of Doxycycline (antibiotic)and Otrivine (nasal decongestant). After 2 days the smell has gone, I am still requesting to see an ENT, to make sure there are no other outlying conditions, which I would recommend you do the same, to make sure you are not just clearing up the smell and to only have it return if there is something else wrong. I wish you all much luck, it really is very upsetting, and people who don't have this really just don't understand how down it can make you feel. Like many of you I tried the salt water sinus rinse, two other kinds of antibiotics, and 3 other decongestants, it took me a few months to find what worked for me, don't give up! if what I tried does not work for any of you, then something else will :)  
hi I was suffering the same thing for 4yrs now ,,,even as I'm typing right now I'm emotional, cos this thing maked me to graduate my high school not in good scores..social life closed, cos me to look lik an imbecile...anyway I followed the breathing technique on the comments there, 30 minutes later I I did neti pot..

.  closing one nostril and take a deep breath and exhale through other nostril...repeatedly for about 30minutes...

try breathing technique, it worked for me,,, right after 30minutes I pulled mucus back from the back of the mouth to my mouth and wasn't testing bloody anymore..

try it...even me suicide I thought about it but I had faith...nothing as depressing as this thing.
Dear chikukwana! I have the same problem. Closing one nostril doesnt help me to avoid this bad odor. I am suffering of this desease for about 7 years. It occured to me because of FLU. and till now none doctor can help me. they even dont know about the desease. I am in depression. Did u find any way of treatment ? Please share
Hello everyone.
Its good that iam not the only one suffering with this fatal nose odor. Iam suffring with this from last 2 yrs and had not got a cure yet. Iam a high school student and its very disgusting in school time to attend classes. Every classmate sitting beside me rubs his nose and try to hide. I cant help myself. Sometimes its like i dont exhale breath thinking that would help. I went to a number of ent, docs, but no help. Now after loking to all of the comnts here and on the other forums it looks that many are suffring from the problem but some hate managed to cure themselves however some like me are still struggling. If anybody wants to stay in contact thats my email malfoys76 @ gmail. com
In three days you will be free from such a problem forever.No medication, no nothing. Just cold prtssed coconut oil. Before you sleep, squeeze a couple of drops into both nostrils, till you feel it going down your throat. In three days all the bacteria that is causing the foul smell will be gone.

Simple logic: Coconut oil is anti bacterioal and anti fungal. Trust me, I have had this problem for 20 years, and now I am free from this torture by accident, and I want to share it with the world. Why not, I can understand the nightmare. Try it, everyone, a new life awaits all of you. Good riddance once and for all.

I have kept this short.

Regards!
Where did you purchase the coconut oil from

I have kept this short.

Regards!
Greetings. I have had foul smell from my nose the past 20 years. Have been a loner all this while, but still coped with life suffering in silence. I have tried almsot everything, until one day I squeezed cold pressed coconut oil into both my nostrils. I was using coconut oil for mouth swish and thought why not since coconut oil had so many medicinal positive properties, I was surprised I felt good the next day and after three days, I could get close to my son and friends. I feel free and liberated. The simple logic: Foul smell is caused by bacteria. Anti biotocs does not kill bacteria. Coconut oil is anti bacterial and anti fungal. That's the answer, I dont want to take all of you in a spin. The answer is straightforward. Before you sleep, lay your head back and squeeze some drops into both nostrils, until you feel it streaking down your throat. This is bad news for bacteria. In three days....you will rid yourself of all such. Cheers to a new you...I guarantee this to work.
I sure do hope this will work.
Thank u for your share. I hope this will work. I am suffeting from bad odor for about 7 years.till now i am in depression
Oh my god thank you for this. I am so happy that someone cured them self from this curse. A coconut oil in plastic bottle is available in our local drugstore here. I will buy it tonight and i will use i t. I will give feedback to evryone here. Ho many times do we have to use it in the nose per day?
i´ve got the same ****. i can´t no more. did anyone have an operation?
Hi, just came across this site and by what lil I read it sounds
Like you guys have the same problem as me....
Lost of smell and a really bad smell from my nasal passage,  at
Times it gets so bad you can smell it a block away...
No kidding!
Oh yea and a serious case of dry nasal passage way.

This is what I'm doing and its slowly getting better (the distance
From where a person smells it gets shorter daily)
Needed products...
1. Sinus wash
2. Saline nasal mist
3. Flight spray (nasal spray with turmeric)

Now these are the steps I do daily...
(Works for me, find What works for you)

First thing in the morning after brushing teeth...
1. Use the sinus wash, after you flush the nasal passageway
Don't blow the remainder of the nasal wash away wait
A few mins..
When a few mins past sniff it in, spit out if you like..
Helps loosen up any clogged passageway
2. Use flight spay, it may burn a lil if it's your first time because
Nasal is infected.
3. 2 hours after doing step 2, use the saline nasal mist.. It will
Keep passageway moist and keep boogers lose...
4. Follow step 2 (2 hours after step 3)
5 follow step 3 (2 hours after step 4)
( every 2 hours rotate between 2 and 3)

Before bed at nights, follow step 1.....

This working great for me and I hope it does the same for you....

Ps. Good for fungal sinus infection!
what type of Coconut oil did you use?
I have it and is lik those unaerobic bacteria were trickling on my left upper sinuses bcoz I feel little rough...this is wt I did for the past two days and is working....
lemons and lemon leaves, gwava leaves, mopany leaves....place them in a pot and pour water ,boil them.when steam Is indeed steaming inhale it,, take the pot off the fire becoz it may be dangerous for u to inhale from there....lemon can kill bacteria.I dopped otrivin in my left nostril if is closed to open it, and inhale ,since my left upper sinuses side seems to be one affected...

infection is the upper sinuses affected with unaerobic bacteria, and nasal irrigation, neti pot cannot reach upper sinuses....

pardon my English and my format but I believe u get what I'm saying....

please if it work...come back and testify, to give hope to others as well.
I had, sinus infection, horrible smell, sore teeth, chronic neck pain, headaches.  Went from 53yr old wonder woman to 'barely getting out of bed'.  Had antibiotics and all sorts of treatments but nothing brought it right. In the end I did my own process of elimination and found out it was my new pillow/bed coverings that I had purchased a year ago, coincidentally when I began going downhill.  Didn't realise microfiber was made from petroleum waste and I had been slowly poisoning myself every night.  Within a week of changing everything I am almost back to my old self.  Cannot believe it even now.  Interestingly I was always a natural fibre gal due to allergies but changed for a certain 'bedroom look'.  What a dope!
I read this post went to the doctor  she gave me the erythromycin and problem was solved within 2 days I had been suffering for over a year.Thank you
The mayo clinic study showed that 80-90% of sinus infections are fungal. This is why it comes back after antibiotic treatments which cause imbalance & allow fungal overgrowth. Also if you are being re infected by bacteria [20%] there will be recurrence. I had severe sinus infections for 13 years and took 52 rounds of different antibiotics, steroid sprays etc and ended up with a 20K  sphenoid sinus surgery [a large mass in the sinus cavity deep inside your head] . Turbinates were trimmed, deviated septim was fixed. 30 days later pus & smell returned. I went to a biological dentist & demanded that he pull the root canal on my upper jaw. Not only had it been drilled INTO my sinus cavity but the bone around it had rotted. You see there was no tooth pain as the nerve is removed, but ALL root canals get infected eventually because they are dead rotting tissue. Normally they would abscess & be extracted but this one had a drainage route thru my sinuses & into my stomach. After extraction no more sinus infections for 3 years !
This is very interesting...
http://www.artofliving.org/yoga/health-and-wellness/Beat-that-bad-breath
what peroxide strength did you use?
I read the early posts where a doc gave an antibiotic cream with neomycin.  I used Neosporin and followed up with saline spray.  My nose stopped stinking immediately.  If it occurs again, I know what to do.

I kept having this stink in my nose.  I didn't know if it stank to anyone else, like halitosis, but I found it repulsive to me, and if anyone else got a whiff I'd be mortified.  

So, thanks for the early tips and hope mine can help someone else!
I used to have sore throat, excessive mucus in back of the throat and nose.
I thought i had post nasal drip.
I started taking anti-_histamine
After 2 weeks my sore throat was gone and mucus from back of the nose is gone.
But i still suffer from excessive mucus in throat.
After eating food it become worse.
I also have dry mouth.
I am feeling like people are allergic to me coz when i sit in a room with people.
They start coughing and puttinf hands on their nose.
I think i have a stinky nose too.
I searched it on internet. And it could be acid reflux too.
Please help me.
I am really confused.
Hussain. My life is just like you, except now am in college, and I am loosing my jobs and scholarship opportunities because when people fill out evaluation about me they say I smell like I do come to class from the gym. I am going to loose my mentoring job because of they. I am really frustrated at life and suicide might not be such a bad idea for me, but i cant because all my years of getting A's in my classes and keeping a high GPA would be wasted, I would really appreciate all the support and help that I can get at this point in my life
hey man i see u wrote this years ago . hows your life now . how do u manage to go along .coz i feel ya . i too have the same problem.
I've had this off and on for about two years. When it first started, I went to the doctor and got prescribed an antibiotic; this eliminated it for a short time, then it came back. I noticed that one thing that seemed to cause it to get way worse was eating candy or drinking regular sugary sodas. I cut sugar completely (including fruit juice) and it pretty much disappeared. Some googling around led me to the conclusion that it might be candida bacteria living in my nose and throat mucus, which gets bad especially in the fall and winter. These bacteria feed on sugars (among other things, I guess), and so any sugar intake and they go nuts and the stink is off the charts.

So, one thing to try is to cut sugar as much as you possibly can. No candy, sugary gum, soda with sugar, fruit juice, etc. Just drink lots of water with your meals and in between.

I've tried a number of the home remedies people have recommended. The saline or Alkalol nasal rinse/neti pot (including with the "flip turn" method) seems to help substantively but only temporarily. Definitely worth giving it a try.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned above that seems to me to help is to drink homemade ginger tea. You can buy whole ginger root at the grocery store and break off a hunk about the size of your palm, and scrape the peel off with a spoon or butter knife. Then you need to mince it or pulse it in a food processor. Then you need a way of infusing it in hot water; I have a tea pot that I use but obviously there are many different ways. Boil some water, steep the minced ginger for five minutes or so and pour. I like it with a little drop of honey, though not too much because a ton of sugar would defeat the purpose. You want to make enough for several mugs. My theory is that ginger, which is naturally antiseptic, cleanses the bacteria-infested mucus that builds up along the lining of your esophagus. Anyway, it seems to help.
Hello! I'm glad everything has cleared up for you! I'm actually going through this same thing. When say to cut all sugar do you mean natural sugars too like fruit? I drink an unsweetened cranberry juice diluted with a ton of water. Would I have to cut all of that too?
I have suffered from MOUTH ODOR for many years. I first got told when I was about 12 years old. Caused me social anxiety and a fear of being to close to someone. Saw the GP who told me to take antihistamines. Nothing has ever worked. I suffer from tonsil stones which are little smelly balls that live in the back of your throat. If you ever get the displeasure of coughing one up you will smell the rancid ness of it. After suffering for over 20 years i came across a product called therabreath after numerous hours of looking for a cure. It is very expensive but is designed for tonsil stones. I think a kit costs around £30 to buy but you can buy them all Separately. It was the best thing I ever found, the instructions were easy to follow and after the first use my breath no longer stank. I could speak with confidence. They now sell it in this country, boots stock it. So please if you can afford to try it then please do, it changed my life. Google Dr.williams he is the creator, he has a bad breath bible also which has a wealth of information. It's just such a shame that people have to go through their lives living with a chronic condition, it's life ruining, but yet nobody in 20 years ever mentioned tonsil stones, the worse thing is my 10 year old daughter suffers too and also here is his EMAIL ***@**** OR CONTACT HIM 09054914348
Thanks for this needful information. My question is did you rub the cream in your nostrils?
hello have you find cure?
JESUS CHRIST IS THE HEALER !!! JUST HAVE FAITH. . I AM HEALED BY HIS BLOOD !!!
hello guys im having the same problem you are all experiencing.. it starter when i was in grade school but it was only bad breath coming from the mouth.. the when  i did got to high school the bad is also coming from the nose..  i really cant smell the odor but i just notice it with other people.. now im 29 years old and thank god im still alive even though all these years im so depressed.. i dont have any friends right now but i have a loving wife  and 2kids.. hopefully you can help me...   im currently low financially but open to any help or cheap alternative solution about our problem..here is my fb account.. please add and contact me.. ogags_obobs***@****
try manuka honey and look up chronic sinusitis natural remedies
This works for me, no doctors, no prescription, sinusitis relief. It may take a bit of practice, once I got it right, instant improvement. Need to repeat every hour or so until infection is gone, may take a few days. Try at your own risk.  

Bend over a washing basin, nose straight down.  Squeeze both nostrils closed and perform the diver's Valsalva maneuver (go look it up).  Basically build pressure inside the nose to get air into the sinuses. Build pressure gradually and not so much to cause pain in your ears. Your ears may pop, that is ok.  One sign of success is if you hear the noise of air entering the sinuses through the swollen passageways. With very inflamed sinus cavities, the pressure change may make them painful, for the moment.

Release the pressure, and notice the air coming out of the sinuses, reducing the pressure and the pain if there was. If the pain persists, close the nose again and pull air to make negative pressure until the pain is at minimum. With very swollen passageways, it may take more pressure or suction than your lungs can do, build higher pressure or suction with a swallowing motion  of your mouth.  All this may take a bit of practice, but when you get it right, the pain subsides and the pumped and released air will have removed a bit of the mucus or liquid from inside the sinuses. Blow your nose, one nostril at the time and check the mucus caught in the washing basin. You want to get all that stuff out of your sinuses, so repeat the maneuver and blow your nose until it does not get any better.  

With a mild sinusitis, your nose may feel much freer by now.  Repeat as necessary, check hourly if you can get more air in and more mucus out. Keep going and in a few days, the sinuses may heal to a marked degree.  If not, see a competent medical practitioner.

I had painful sinusitis a few times a year, basically with every cold or hayfever, until I stopped dairy. Colds got fewer and hayfever subsided after a year of taking 1g of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) daily. I take much more when sneezing showed an infection brewing - being quick enough, I could stop some colds, not all. Wait 15 minutes could be too late, so  I try to carry enough Vitamin C with me any time. If the cold gets me (major cause: feet or legs got too cold for too long), the Valsalva maneuver helps me with the sinusitis, and in one case relieved a beginning stinky nose.  Air it out.
There are lots of recipes to make your own nose rinse

https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/saline-sinus-rinse-recipe.aspx

Save some money people!
Eat yogurt and change your diet, remove red meat and only eat vegetarian or chickatarian diet.  Take probiotics.  
Hey I use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDe7IW0kG7w

daily, it helps me
I suffered from the bad nose smell for nearly a year. I had polyps removed which resolved it for a couple of weeks but then it came back. I mentioned the fungal link to my consultant but she wasn't impressed. I also mentioned it to my GP who similarly wasn't impressed but agreed to test for candida by doing a swab in my mouth. This came back positive so I decided to try and treat this. I did some nasal rinses with a few drops of grapefruit seed extract (GSE) but also drank water with about 10 drops of GSE twice a day. I then moved on to oil of oregano tablets, one in the morning and one in the evening. The first time I took them I took 2 in the morning and I'm pretty sure I could feel it working in my sinuses. I'm not sure how long it too, but the smell has now gone for 4 months. I now just do a nasal rinse with saline solution twice a day and take 2 GSE tablets. I also take 2 propolis tablets to help with inflammation. My sinuses feel a lot clearer now as well. Hope this may help someone else.
I have been dealing with this problem my whole life and im still searching for cure. Well i started seeking out about 7 months ago. Went to the dentist first, took xray and was cleared of any plague or anything that could cause bb. I went to the ent next and during the first apptmt i was told that i could be having post nasal drip and lpr. They gave me nasal spray and omeprazole but didnt work at all. When i went for the second apptmt and told them that nothing has changed, they checked me again and i was told that they couldnt see any problem with my ent. I was really puzzled. First they told me i had pnd and lpr, now they said they couldn't see anything wrong in my ent. The best part it wasnt the same doctor who checked me the first time. Anws, i went to the doctor again to get referred to gastro. She was really reluctant to get me referred as she claimed that my breath was fine, though of course it's actually not and even had the guts to tell me that i have some psychological issues. Like as if im crazy. Anw, i pleaded her to get referred to gastro and get my stomach checked. So, i finally got my endoscopy done but sadly (yes sadly) the news wasnt what i expected. i was told that my stomach was fine, no bad bacteria and such as i had hoped. Now, im going back to my first step again which is to get my oral check at the dentist. But this time i have it done at a dental clinic where they have bb management and halimeter equipment. Im going to my second apptmt soon and i hope to get something to advance. Im also taking good care of my oral like having my tongue cleaned (my tongue has super white coating and i cant get rid of them like seriously) and brushed twice a day now. Btw, i noticed that i have some bumps at the back of my tongue and i wondered if that could be (one of) the cause(s) of my bb. I also noticed recently that people can smell my bb even when im not talking like they can smell me from the breath that i released out (if that makes sense). How do i know? I can see some reactions from people around me eg covering/rubbing their nose and coughing when they dont have coughs in the first place. Im sensing wherever i go the smell just follows its crazy. Im really depressed about my condition and i hope to get some solutions... Please pray for me.. I have a life that i envision.. And this life that i currently live is just ruining me.. Im so sad...
I have the same experience and wonder if there is any help
Hello my husband has the same prob with his breath we don't have insurance so we do to go to the dentist reg. I recently found this tooth paste comp that is supposed to help with these issues it's called therabreath. (They have a website you can read about what they're about there  you can also buy it at walmart and target for sure this stuff is semi pricey I want to say $7  for toothpaste but when talking about your emotional health then what's $7 .. )  He doesn't use it regularly but when he does I can smell the difference it's worth a try  esp if you do all the steps you're supposed to . I also have a friend that's used it and it works for him.
Also I looked up oil pulling it's where you use (id suggest organic bc you're trying get bacteria out of your body so you'd want something in it's purest form ) coconut oil or grape seed oil and swish it around for 20 or 30 min and then spit it out doing it reg I think 2xa day.   I personally don't know anyone that has tried this but ppl say it works. I've also heard ppl try peroxide swishing it around it kills bacteria I haven't read enough on this to share with you. Another remedy I've heard about is a  toothpaste ppl  use to use way back in the day forgive me but  I can't think of the name it's on Pinterest you can buy it I think on etsy if you don't want to make it  again ppl have said it's worked they all so said they've changed their diet with the homemade tooth paste and have reversed gum disease, cavities, halitosis. I  hope I was some help to you I hope you find the solution you need.
I'm experiencing the exact same thing and it has gotten worse over the years. I've tried everything I can think of, went to the dentist 2 weeks ago and it seems to have made things worse, I have an appointment with the ENT in 2 days. It has really got me all depressed and nobody seems to understand. Hang in there and keep trying though, there's hope for all of us.
Try this one...just make sure breathing from ur nose not ur mouth every time .. and also keep doing that what u been doing.. Flossing, brushing,mouthwash.. It really helpful to me..
I have a great teeth no plagues, no gum infection nothing my mouth is close to perfect I go to the dentist every time but this bad breath that I have from my mouth and the smell that comes out from my nose has got nothing to do with my hygiene cos am very hygienic. My life have been ruined my doctors can't tell me what the hell is wrong with me and they think I have a psychological problem I mean come on you know when people act differently the moment you open your mouth, and when you get too close to ppl the push away cos they. An smell what u exhale out. I am tired of this sickness since it's not cancer nobody gives a damn. I have spent all my saving trying all sort of mouth floss, I tried the therabreath thing, didn't work . I tried smart mouth didn't work. No mouth wash work I brush my teeth 4 times a day. This sickness is just as bad as lol these killer sickness cos it can take your life away completely and no one wants to tell you the truth. -am tired am depressed. I can't keep going like this I need help. Docs please we need serious help.
So I can only think of more questions. Does he smell like old milk? I have had patients with that and they usually had a digestive or intestinal problem.
Does he smell like bad breath? Does he have acid reflux or heartburn? If yes, he might have bits of food stuck on swollen point at the back of his soft palate or throat. The swollen areas are from the acid. Have him get it checked out. None of the things I mentioned are things to ignore as they could eventually lead to a larger health concern in the future

I have been suffering with the same symptoms since last 2 years and slowly have started loosing friends. Feel very awkward talking to people when they cover their nose. After lots of search i feel my search has come to an end with this site. I am currently following the process for only two days and have observed surprising improvement. Could not feel that bloody poo like smell and slowly gaining confidence on this. Will update this page post 10 days of following the process. Lets now come to the process i am following -

1. Get up in the morning. Have two glass of little warm water.
2. Post brushing teeth, have little warm water with salt (completely diluted) and fill the solution in a "Neti Pot" (can be easily found in medical store). Put the nossle of the pot in one nostril, slightly bend your head on the other side so the water passes through your nostril and come out of the other. This will clean your nasal tunnels and prevent mucus and bacteria from regeneration. Follow this for other nostril and have this process done at-least twice a day.
3. Take 3-4 drops of coconut oil and put them in both of your nostrils till you feel the taste of it.
4. Post lunch, continue following flossing teeth, cleaning tongue and brushing teeth. Have one Erythromycin 500mg (for adult) tablet.
4. In the evening try to do the step #2 one more time.
5. At night, post dinner have one more Erythromycin tablet.
6. Just before going to bed have the coconut oil process done once more (step #3).

That's it. On the very first day, i could observe a sudden change in my taste. My nose was never giving me bad taste.

Many thanks to nosydeadkitty and Nosyparker whose process i am following in combination and so far i am having my confidence back slowly. Hope this would get me my life back. Will post an update on the 10th day about my experience.

Thanks again to all members who have shared their story for helping others.

Regards
Bro did it work finally
Adip - did Doctors ever say that the problem was too much acid in your stomach?? That's what they told me. So and I agree, because mouthwashes and other antibiotics never worked, but acid medication worked for while though.
Hi, I am 31 years old and have had a bad smell coming from my nose for over half my life. I am not sure as to the source of the illness, but one thing is for sure, it definitely stinks physically and psychologically. It is super debilitating as the smell emirates from the nose and mouth (halitosis) and dramatically limits social life and seclusion is a normal way of life. I've had multiple embarrassing moments where family, friends and strangers have either pointed out the smell and/or have recoiled as a result of the smell. Not pleasant or encouraging to one's self of steam, in fact, it is absolutely devastating to know that there is something wrong and that no one wants to interact as a result, worst yet, that there doesn't seem to be a solution. However, despite the fact that there doesn't seem to a root cause solution I have found some means by which to mitigate this problem and hope that my experience can help others and that other's experience can help me as well! To make this short and to the point, I am going to list the things that I have done that I believe have not worked and the things that I have done that I believe have worked to manage this problem.

Things that I have done that I don't believe have worked:
-Balloon sinuplasty
-Sinuplasty
-Septoplasty
-Saline rinse
-Numerous antibiotics
-Numerous mouthwashes

Things that I have done that I believe have worked to manage this medical condition:
-CiproFloaxin HCL (one round)
-Nystatin (fungal mouth wash)
-Mupirocin Oitment (nasal ointment)
-Tonsillectomy
-Sinus clearing technique
1.While looking at the horizon tilt the head to either side (as if to touch the left ear to the left shoulder) cover one nostril and inhale, cover the other nostril and inhale (alternating nostrils) and repeat on the other side (i.e., tilt the head as if to touch the right ear to the right shoulder and inhale through the open nostril). - every hour
2. While looking at the horizon tilt the head back (look at the sky) and cover either nostril and inhale, then do the same thing with the opposite nostril (in hale through the open nostril) - every hour
-Valsalva maneuver (look up a video on line) - every hour
-Clearing lungs as if expelling phlegm from the lungs / air way - every hour
-Avoiding blowing nose (unless to sneeze)
-Avoiding putting anything in nose (i.e., picking nose - to avoid introducing any organisms that should not be in the nose)
-Gluten free diet
-Coconut oil (small amount added to diet)

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and the information that I am providing is strictly my experience as someone that suffers from this (stinky nose) condition.

I hope that we can find a great means to manage and ideally cure this medical condition through personal experiences (patient and doctor experiences) and through further research (by patients, doctors, and researchers) into the root cause of this debilitating medical condition.

I'm going to try this and pray it works for me! Thank you
Hi all I am also fallen in same issue early I had same smell from my nose in 2008-9 I was 18-19 years old that time. Smell I felt that time was different than now & I didn't took it seriously but in 2009 one day while while I was cleaning my nose a light yellow thing out from my nose it was like fat of milk after that I didn't felt smell but after a long time now I am feeling smell which is very bad I even can't eat with this smell of nose I am tired of this smell. Now while reading this I will try your suggestions and comments here
Hi there.  It almost the end of 2016. And I am replying to this 2008 comment. I dont know if u get this I pray you do. I am suffering from this same thing and no one has an answer. Its totally taken away my life. And the meds you mentioned are not in the u.s.a. Do you know of any other option or is there a way you can get me those meds. My life is totally destroyed.
ferdadj123456 at gmail *******.
Try treating it as a gut problem. I had the bad smell thing for about a year and then tested positively for candida. I started taking oil of oregano tablets daily and after a few days the smell went and my sinuses are a lot clearer. No harm in trying and you never know.
Address candida. I suffer from the same thing. Take vitamin c with zinc you will spit out nasty smelly mucus or feel it dripping. Also cut out sugar from your diet and use garlic. Best of luck.
Hi so very sorry to hear you have this awful condition. I had this a few years ago when I had pneumonia. I was put on erythromycin antibiotics and within hours everything smelt and tasted foul. Even my favourite perfume was unpleasant. Food tasted horrible. After a week I was so tearful and depressed I saw my doctor. She didn't offer a solution so I was left with the problem. I felt in despair and  people couldn't understand why it was so depressing. One day about three weeks later it started to ease and gradually cleared up. I googled what it could be and discovered that erythromycin can cause phantom smells and taste. Obviously I now refuse this when I have an infection. Fast forward four years and suddenly out of the blue I have started smelling a horrible chemical smell. I'm trying not to panic but not too successfully. I've read it can be a sign of an illness or dementia. I'm dieting and wonder if there's a connection there. I find that putting a little perfume under my nose helps (that smells ok this time!) I also find mints ok and they mask the taste a bit. So although I haven't found the answer, I'm hoping that it goes as it did the first time. I hope this is true for you and by now everything is back to normal. I'd be interested to hear how you are now. Good health and luck to all sufferers out there.
Greetings!
I suffer from the same problem for 10 years, I live in Brazil, where healing through medicine is very improbable, but there are reports of healing with a natural oil called "copaiba and andiroba oil"
However I will try the treatment with coconut oil, neosporin cream, erythromycin and saline.
After that I will comment again
good luck to everyone!
Apparently I have just been told by my SO that I have a bad odor coming from my nose or throat that I cannot smell. Lovely. What could it be?
Tonsil stones. Behind your tonsils.
Try the friggy flush.  Google it.  It is great.  This smell comes from an infection in the sinuses.  After having sinus surgery I had a very hard time with removing all the hardened blood and mucous stuck in my nose.....and after a month began smelling a stench coming from my nose as well. I searched the internet for days and then came across the Friggy Flush...(it's an internet thread) Be sure to read all the comments and the ENT-Docs replies.  There is a specific way to do this...It is easy but messy.  
Do not do the friggy flush more than 2 days in a row because  you are using a double dose of salts and can cause harm if abused.   This flush works by cleaning out deep inside the sinuses and even up into the frontal  sinuses.   I do it in the shower because it is messy... Also, try putting a clove of garlic in your cheek and bite it once in a while...keep it in your cheek, put a new once in as needed.  Garlic has a natural antibiotic in it.  Do the garlic thing for about 2-3  full days.      
I notice that erythromycin tabs worked for a couple people i'm going to try it and see if it works
I think antibiotics are so bad for this bad smell it makes it worse but i have to take them because i have urine infection what should i do i Can smell it it is way awful than before i feel like dying
CHECK YOUR GUT FLORA OR MICROBIOME WITH TESTS.THERE ARE A LOT OF BACTERIA BUGS CAUSING HYDROGEN SULFIDE EXHALING FROM NOSE
Hello everyone who have been suffering with bad breath and odor problems....Listen....

Secret No 1: Baking soda - Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in 1 glass of warm water and drink this 3 times a day (every 6 hours) one to 2 hours before meals and two hours after meals....The baking soda is an extremely potent odor absorber....it will also alkalize and detox your whole body....You will see amazing results from day one....Do this treatment for atleast 1 month....

Secret No 2: Probiotics - Get water kefir grains from ebay and learn to ferment your own water kefir and drink quarter to half glass 3 to 5 times a day before or after meals....the key is to replenish the good flora in your body for a permanent cure....

Do these two things and your life will never be the same again...God bless you all....

And one more very important thing I forgot to mention....

Secret No 3: Drink 1 to 1 1/2 litres of water first thing when you awake in the morning....only after 1 hour should you eat or drink anything....water will travel throughout your body and flush it of bodily wastes....and drink atleast 6 to 8 glasses throughout the day, 30 minutes before meals and 30 minutes after meals....Also, research 'water cure on google'....So follow all the 3 I have mentioned above...they are all key to a permanent solution to the problem.
Hi All,

I have had this problem for a year, after trying many things to get rid of the rotten smell nothing worked. I tried various creams and ointments and a nasal cleaning.
I did a lot of research and I found that an allergy spray, Fluticasone Propionate (Glucocorticoid) has the best results. After a few sprays you notice the smell going, I follow it up with a saline nasal gel, I got both over the counter from Walgreens. The smell went completely for 4 months, it did come back but then I followed the steps above and it went again. I hope this helps.
How fast do you follow it up with the gel after you’ve already done the spray?
Hello everyone, I to suffer from this, its bad because people don't even want to talk to me.

I use a shot glass and warm water, with Bicarbonate Soda in it.

A very little bit of Bicarbonate of Soda, so the water isn't cloudy.

Then one nostril at a time, breathe out then breath in throw one nostril the water.

Coughing should ensue straight away, hold your nostril closed and, well the rest you will figure out.

Spit away all that nasty stuff that comes out of your nose and repeat with other nostril.

I have been doing this for a few days now, and I all so added Himalayan Salt to my mixture.

I am all so going to add cloves to my mixture, which I have soaked in a glass in some water.

Just so I can use the water that has clove essence in it as well.

I now hove a syringe, which I will try with the same mixture, and squirt it into each nostril.

Good luck people I hope I helped.

Hope it works Muhammed.

Enjoy your day.

P.S.

Do it in the bath, because at first your body rejects swallowing liquids through its nose.

This can lead to you coughing and spraying a lot of un-nice stuff all over the place.

Your coughing fit will go on for some time do it a twice a day or more if your can.