Respiratory Disorders Community
Bad smell coming from nose..Found a Cure!!! Yayyyy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

This is not a question but answer..i couldnt find how to comment or answer!

I have been suffering from a really horrible smell coming from my nostrils and if i sniffed i could also taste it..i tried actifed tablets and cattarh caspules but after a week it was still there..as if i had bad breath but instead of coming from my mouth it was coming from my nose..very embaressing as I work with customers every day and was sure they could smell it too.  So I went to the doctor and he gave me a nasal cream called Naseptin and some tablets called Erythromycin. After only a day of using these the smell has gone!  So there is a cure out there...its just finding the right one..now i dont know if its the cream that works or the tablets or both together but im just glad its gone. I have to finish the course tho. I was told that the smell was caused by bacteria that lives in the nose which had got infected. Hope this helps.

This discussion is related to bad odor smell from nose (continued).
Avatar n tn
Thank you SOOO much for the post.  I will relay this information to my doctor.  Hopefully this will work for me as well!!!
Hi-
I writing because my boyfriend, the past 6 months has developed a stale smell that comes mostly from his nose. He doesn't smell it, or taste it, so it is something I am noticing. Sometimes I can smell it from a distance. It smells very stale and not good. I don't know what to do to help him. It is very frustrating and a turn off.

I love him dearly and want to help solve this. I know I am sensitive to smell but there is clearly something wrong. It doesn't occur ALL the time, but most of the time it is there. When he brushes his teeth it will go away for a little but always comes back.

Please help!
Hi I recently was horrified to develop the same drop dead smelly nose reek that many members have posted about. It was arguably the most appalling stench I've ever had and I'm 57. In desperation when it developed very late, the night before my family was to arrive for a weekend visit,  I tried a home made saline nasal solution. Using a 12 hour over the counter spray bottle, emptied of its contents, I added my own saline - an ounce or two warmed a bit- into the plastic spray bottle.My homemade concoction  was  made from a tablespoon of table salt dissolved in a 1/2 cup of water with just a small part added to my spray bottle. I then aggressively sprayed the saline into each nostril 6 times each, blowing hard every few sprays. In a few sprays I managed to free up and blow out some dense mucus from my right nostril, which I also felt relieve the sinus on that side, Repeated sprays followed by reclining with my head tilted back made sure my sinuses were flooded with saline and partially cleared. Though my nose was still a bit smelly, the rankest smell was immediately greatly reduced, so that the awful original smell was far less noticeable unless another person was just a foot away! To dry myself up further,  and hopefully maintain this improvement, I followed up with several sprays of regular 12 hour mist and took 2 sudafeds.Happily, this home remedy drastically reduced the smell from my nose, and only required another saline spray ever 4 hours. Of course the next day I went to my local ENT Dr. and he told me the smell was indeed an infected sinus with deteriorating sinus mucus that was causing the dreaded smell. He prescribed 875mg of Augmentin twice a day for 10 days, nd encouraged me to continue aggressively using saline to reduce and eliminate the nose smell. 72 hours later m sinus is clear, the saline no longer needed and the smell is gone! So take heart folks! This can be managed promptly and effectively with lots of saline spray used to flood and clear the offending sinus!
Thanks for the post, I've had this problem for going on 6 years now and I've tried everything.  I rinse with saline no less than three times a day and use a steroid spray Nasonex at night, my ENT advised me to use Mucinex to help thin the mucus.  It helps but every four months like clockwork, the smell is out of control.  It never completely goes away but when it's bad I have to actually stay away from people.  This is my second ENT, I've tried every other doctor, had every ct scan and no one has been able to tell me what this is.  

I will try your solution and I plan on going back to my ENT with some of the information i've found on this site.  But I'm greatful for two things, one I can't smell the stench and second I'm not alone.  Until today I've not been able to find any one with this problem.  People helping people always has good results.
Avatar n tn
I've been experiencing sporadic daily nasal stink for about 6 months (I'm 52) and at first was horrified that it was some kind of body odor - that'll put a crimp in your socializing - until I finally figured out it was in my nose.
I tried constant saline spraying (not much help at all) then went to the "nettie pot" saline flushing (that helped the smell a little, but really made my sinuses feel good!). The heavy doses of saline led me to using first vaseline, and then AYR nasal gel to soothe my nostrils. I discovered that this coating seemed to alleviate the stink for a few hours. So I experimented further and found that thoroughly scrubbing my nostrils with hydrogen peroxide and then applying AYR gel virtually eliminated the stink - but only if I do it EVERY morning.
I'm not sure if this is a recommendable application for hydrogen peroxide, but after about a month of this treatment my nostrils seem healthy. Just wanted to share my experience hoping it helps someone 'cause this is a nasty little affliction that doctors don't seem to have any kind of handle on.
I too have this very depressing "smell". I've been dealing with it for about 9 years. I'm currently on an anti-depressant to get my life back on track, and I'm fighting hard to be happy again. We can help eachother, THERE IS A CURE! No, I havent figured it out just yet, but I'm trying everything and I'm never giving up. Not just for myself, but for YOU as well. B a r e K a n v a s @ a o l . c o m

I'm currently irrigating with NeilMed Sinus Rinse around 4 times a day, tilting my head back not forward, and it It seems to be helping.    
Avatar n tn
It's now almost March. You tried Fluconozole in early February.  How' is the nasal stench now?  Is it back - or gone - or what?  Please let us know the end of this story so we can know if we should keep looking for a cure.  Thanks!
Such things are almost always bacterial or fungal. Rather simple, really.
PLEASE READ... ...... GET AT ME AT THE ADDRESS..... ....

WELL I HAVE THE SAME CONDITION ... AND WELL IM PRETTY DESPERATE NOW...   I WORK IN A OFFICE , AND GOSH IT SUCK THINKING PEOPLE CAN SMELL YOU... TODAY I TOLD MY BOSS ABOUT IT... AND I WAS DEVASTATED , EMBARRASED...
guys girls hit me up...  uc_ irvine1 @ yahoo. com ..... all together ok i just spaced it so it wont blur out...
Avatar n tn
maybe its caused by sinus yeast infection...try taking virgin coconut oil 3x times a day
Avatar n tn
All these months later - DID THE NOSE STENCH RETURN?  Has it lessened or is it still gone?  We need to hear from you so we can better understand what works and for how long.  THANKS!!!!
Avatar n tn
WELL I TRIED THE FLUCONAZOLE 150MG, THREE PILLS, ONE PER WEEK FOR THREE WEEKS AS ONE PILL WORKS FOR SEVEN DAYS - NOT ONE - BUT THREE!!!! THREE WEEKS!!!!  IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! AT LEAST IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!!!! SO....NO CURE HERE!!!!! ANOTHER DEAD END!!!!!!!!!!!!    I FOUND A NO CURE!!!!!! YAYYYY!  Dissappointing.
Hi im 18 years old. Ive been dealing with this problem since I was 14...Ive had bad breath over those 4 years and I got a cold this past winter and my condition has gotten worse..I no longer have a cold but I ALWAYS HAVE TO BLOW MY NOSE...Everywhere I go people can smell me and its SOO embarrasing...I havent had a girlfriend for 2 years now...I can stink up a whole room just by being in it and its sad cause I KNOW FOR SURE PEOPLE KNOW THAT THE SMELL THEYRE SMELLING COMES FROM ME....I WORK AT A PLACE WHERE I HAVE TO INTERACT WITH CO-WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS AND ITS TRAGEDY...IVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR ONLY A MONTH and people know that the smell is coming from me....I used to think it was my breath which i stil think it is...so I used to talk as little as I can then I noticed that the air I exhale was SOOO HOT....and even when I keep my mouth shut people are stil sniffling around me....rubbing theyre nose..ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF....i remember hearing a co-worker saying "that kids needs to take a bathe"...and its SO SADD because I AM A CLEAN PERSON...SHOWER N BRUSH EVERYDAY....and i stil cant shake this curse..THINKIN ABOUT IT NOW I CANT EVEN COUNT THE AMOUNT OV MONEY I SPENT ON MOUTHWASHES,TONGUESCRAPERS,CO-PAYMENTS AT THE DOCTOR,GUM ETC.....I WATCH THE NEW ABOUT PEOPLE COMMITING SUICIDE AND STUFF LIKE THAT N I USED TO LAUGH BUT NOW WHEN I WATCH I THINK ABOUT WHAT I GO THROUGH AND I FEEL THEYRE PAIN...WHETHER THEY DID IT FOR THE SAME REASON OR NOT....ITSS LIKE OVER THE YEARS THE SMELL HAS GOTTEN EVEN WORSE..AND ITS LIKE MY BERATH ARE DOO-DOO BULLETS....PEOPLE CAN SMELL THEM FROM LIKE 3 FEET AWAY...IM SICK OF GOIN TO THE ENT  and have them tell me about allergies...I wake up in the morning and I have to spit up so much mucus......I Stopped smoking and the problem still persists....sometimes it feels like i have something stuck in my my throat when I swallow...THE WORST PART ABOUT THIS IS....MY FAMILY n FRIENDS....They know I have a problem but no-one HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING TO ME....n IT hurts because I know theyre somewhat ashamed but they love me and they know saying something will be too damaging to my ego and confidence which is already low...THIS CONDITION REally showed me who my real loved ones are....IVE BEEN TAKING PRILOSEC OTC cause the ENT said I HAVE GERD but after 3-4 weeks of taking this I realize this is not where my problem lyes...I NEED HELP PEOPLE.....I REALLY NEED HELP.....I CANT GO THROGH LIFE LIKE THIS......I HAVE TOO MANY ASPIRATIONS IN LIFE AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAN HINDER THEM ALL.............ITS FUNNY BECAUSE IN JUNIOR  HIGH I WAS VOTED  CLASS CLOWN And now PEOPLE know me as "THE QUIET BOY"....and overtime they realize why im so quiet.....IM NO Womenizer but I LOVE WOMEN....HOW CAN I EVER APPROACH A WOMEN ANYMORE LIKE THIS.........

SOMEONE PLEASE HELPPPPP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SO DESPERATE..SMH!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for your quick response and concern...I was originally scheduled to go back to the ENT in a month but I am going to make a appointment this week. It kinda saddens me thought that I have had this condition for a while now and it makes me think whether im in too deep and there's no cure....But since you've shared your story with all of us I have hope because I believe God has a cure for it  and we probably all did something to bring about this sickness and didn't know the possible repercussions.

I think we should all pray for each other because we're truly helpless people and we need all the love and positive energy we can get just so we can stay in good spirits and keep hope alive.

I recently brought a saline nasal spray and I noticed a change in my nostrils. The air coming from it is much cooler already and its easier to breathe through my nose. Maybe im on to something. I'm going to mix another saline solution with salt n baking soda and experiment with certain remedies until my oppointment.
Yea I've been given antiobiotics. I finished them a while ago. When I first got them I noticed a difference in my overall health..how I felt, and how my nasal passages felt but after a while it stopped.

I stil have more of this one antibiotic called CEFUROXIME AXETIL I dont know what it does but it was the first antibiotic I had gotten a while back. When I went to the ENT they did a culture exam on the back on my throat and they noticed my nostrils were inflammed and they said I had a infection. The infection I had in my throat was  Morganella morgani...I took antibiotics for it but i dont know whether its stil there. I guess I'll find out on my next trip there....I cant take the fact that they serve you and tell you to come back 2 weeks from now or a month..as if your not suffering from something really serious.
Avatar n tn
For how long you have the bad breath from the nose?  Mine has been going on a little over a year now and I think its getting worse because i think now it both my nose and my mouth.. I am going to try naseptin and see if it will help.  Will let you know after 10days of use.  
Mine also the same problem.Bad breeth from last 1 year.
I used so many tablets but nothing won't work for me
finally i try to use Naseptin and Erythromycin.
Am from india.whether these medicines are available in india?
I don't know.if anybody knows india paramacy address please post me

Avatar n tn
I  tried the Naseptin but unfortuately didn't work... I have used it for ten days now and my breath still smell like my poo I'm sorry... I dont know what to do anymore since I have also done a nasal surgery..
Avatar n tn
hi! I've had a similar problem for more than 10 years now...
Out of the blue my smell/taste change and everything i eat/smell is awfull.
Searching for a "cure" i found out, that using water through my nose and letting it out again (like washing the nose from the inside). It works, but it does not solve the problem.
Besides, the problem is only getting worse as time goes by. In the past it would happen sometimes during the week, now it happens sometimes during the day. I wash it and have it again after a while. It's horrible. I wrote to this doctor and he said it is definately associated with my demyelination (a brain abnormality) and i should search a solution in that direction. In another forum someone had demyelination too and the doctor said it has nothing to do with it.
I am really frustrated... I don't know what to do...! Everything stinks, tastes awfull and i can't enjoy my life.. really! What do we do??
Do this breathing technique and it will balance your left and right brain and both your nostrils. Your feedback will help others to see how this simple exercise helps in so many ways. You are balancing your systems to fight off the problem.Do not give up before 4 months.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
Hi there
I'm Akira. I had had bad breadth from my nose too long that my self esteem was badly damaged.
Dear young_n_restless, this is what worked for me. I hope it woks for you. I thank everyone for their suggestions, so helpful. I believe the breathing technique to balance your right and left brain will balance  almost everything in your whole being especially supported by an attitude of prayer and adoration with gratitude to the giver of life.
Also the saline solution even home made is excellent, it also worked for me in many other cases like soar throat as you attack it at the first sign like itchy throat, curing a wound, colon cleansing, constipation, ear infection...If you can wake up early morning to worship God, watch the sunrising , love and embrace the sun and all of nature, you find out that the love of God flows everywhere  to give life abundantly, to heal and sustain us. Please keep your head and neck warm. My e-mail: ***@****
God be with you.
Avatar n tn
Hello All,
I believe I’m cured.  Don’t give up hope!!!
I’ve been suffering from the same symptoms everyone’s calling… chronic sinusitis.  
The symptoms were a really bad, bad, horrible smell coming from my nasal passage and throat.  Sometimes the smell got to be so bad I though it was coming from my pores.

I went to see my primary care physician about 3 times…  a Ear Nose and Throat doctor once…
My Primary Care Physicians gave me meds for drainage and an antibiotic.  It wasn’t working.  I didn’t think a cure was in sight.  The ENT gave me some antibiotics and recommended surgery to open up my nasal area to increase the drainage flow… I really considered the surgery… and was about to schedule a follow up appointment to discuss the possibility of going through with it, Until…

I prayed to GOD in Jesus Christ’s name about this whole ordeal that I’ve been going through.  This wasn’t the first time I prayed, but when I did pray… a temporary solution was received… I guess it depends on how and for what I pray for; at least that’s how I saw it.  The next time I prayed I made sure I was specific and included as many details to the problem as I could.  My wife prayed as well on her own.  

When I was taking the antibiotics, I thought the problem was going away.  The smell did go away, but not completely; The smell was more manageable, but unpredictable.  I started to use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse; sometimes with a half cap of Peroxide.  It helped a little, but I had to do it often.  Then I got word of a product called AYR Sinus Gel.  It’s used to keep the nasal passage moist.  As I understand it, when the nasal passage gets dry, coupled with infected mucus makes a smelly day.  I also use Maximum Strength Mucinex D – 1200mg guaigenesin & 120mg pseudoephedrine HCL.  

(About 10 days ago… I prayed again that morning; being very specific and not feeling to confident about my day.  I went too work, completed my day.  I treated my symptoms with the Rinse, Peroxide and nasal gel… as I did every morning, sometimes twice a day.   And then I caught a cold.  In this case a cold was a good thing.  The cold forced me to blow my nose so much I generated a bag and ½ full of used tissue; over the course of the cold.  I was constantly discharging the infected mucus from my nose and spitting mucus from my throat.  This went on for about 5 days.  At the end of the 7th day the smell was GONE.  I THANKED GOD.  The sequence of days went like this.  ( I caught a cold on a Friday.  I was coughing over the week end.  We had a snow storm Sunday night.  I was off work / snowed in for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and went back to work on Thursday.  I wasn’t 100% on Thursday.  But by Friday I didn’t smell the same odor.  I didn’t really smell any odor.)   I told myself and made a promise to GOD that if this smell is gone, I would reply back to this blog and explain my ordeal so others would have Hope and read how my problem was resolved.  

I didn’t want to enter the blog until I was certain, because I’ve had the issue for about a year.  I waited for 7 more days… until January 21st, 2010 to enter this blog.  This medical blog is the resource I used to research my symptoms when I was looking for clues to my sinus problem.  I read some horrible stories and understood the stress people were going through.  

So in summary… Prayer in Jesus Christ’s name was my cure and the cold was my Blessing…  Today I only use the sinus rinse because it’s a good way to clean the nasal passage, I use the nasal gel in the morning to avoid any nasal dryness; along with Maximum Strength Mucinex D.  I use these products only once a day and I have no odor coming from my nasal passages…  I really do not need to take these meds for chronic sinusitis… I only take these meds for good hygiene and as a precaution.  

I hope this information is helpful.  The solution may sound simple and straight forward, but my doctors basically gave up.  GOD was my only option, besides surgery; which I hear wasn’t successful for some people.  

My job requires me to be in people’s faces for meetings and business conversations, so I understand the stress this medical issue can cause.
Flex44 thanks for your post.  I too pray every day about this problem.  I am desparately in need of employment right now and NOBODY will give me a job.  I am going to try your method.  Did your smell only come from your nose?  Mines come from nose and mouth.
I'm not a Doctor but I know that this kind of disease is unkown for most of Doctors out there it is called Ozena, also known as (atrophic rhinitis), is a rare chronic inflammatory disease that affects the lining of the nasal cavity.

Treatment involves combination of antibiotics and other types of medication, vitamin therapy and systemic estrogens geared toward reducing the crusting and eliminating the odor.
After treated avoid get Flu or cold because it can trigger the previous condition if not treated in days.

If you feel that the whole world or air smells like an infected wound wrapped in a dirty sweat sock, that would be it.

Don't keep yourself in a close room, look for a Doctor on is 30s to 49 they may get is right.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec19/ch221/ch221g.html provides an extensive overview of the various types of rhinitis, including ozena
I have a bad smell in my nose, but only I can smell it, thankfully. It's an infection smell, like when you take a band-aid off a cut, but I know mine is related to chronic sinus infections, adenoids (adenoids), and believe it or not...my tonsils.

I brush my teeth with baking soda, and gargle with 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide just in case there is any chance for bad breath. No one has ever complained, so I don't think I have any "smell", although I can't seem to smell anything but the bandage smell when I try to detect odor.

Anyway, your tonsils, if the are infected OR impacted with tonsil stones (tonsiliths), your breath, your nose, and your tonsils will stink. Sometimes like poo. And once you get tonsil stones, they create pockets in the tonsils that trap bacteria from sinuses and food particles, and even when the stones are removed, there is a chance they will reform later on.

My doctor has been after me to get my tonsils out, but I haven't had the money to do it yet. Soon, I hope I'll be able to have them out. But, anyway, I felt sorry for the person who says their breath and nose smell is like poo, and that others can smell it. Don't kill yourself. That's not the answer.  

Have a doctor check your tonsils for tonsil stones. They are like hard, white  lumps that smell like poo. Some people actually cough them up sometimes, especially smokers. But you can get them even if you don't smoke because they are basically decaying food particles, saliva, and mucus that has been trapped in your tonsil "crypts".

Good luck, everyone!
I can't take this sudden stench in my nose,
I think mines may have been triggered by humidity and a roach infested apartment!! Or maybe it was exessive drinking of flavored vodka one summer, maybe even a bad combination of the two. I also recall about 8 years ago getting sick being on anti biotics to then a couple Of months down road getting like puss in the back of my throat. I decided to skip the doctors office and deal with it myself instead, I gargled with warm salt water and with kabob sticks I would dig out the matted paste like puss. I wonder if me skipping the doctors has haunted me now!! I am super frustrated! I can't keep dealing with this issue! I have tried Neilmed nasal wash, sometimes it helps others not so much... It's been almost a 3 yr battle!
did your boyfriend found a cure I also have the same problem
I had a really bad smell coming out of my mouth and nose but now I'm trying Nasonex and the vegetarian option ( not eating any meat or smelly food)  and thanks GOD it's working very well; the odor is gone.
Same here !!!....... I am exactly in the same shoe as you:  I work with customers and with cross-functional team members....and I truly stink!  People can smell me from about 10 feet away.  They are always rubbing their nose, covering their nose, fanning the air as they talk to me, make comments, ......... and so on.  I am completely crushed, to say the least.  I absolutely identify myself with you.  If you come up with any suggestions, solutions, etc., please let me know.  I am desperate too.  If you want to get in touch with me, please do so at:  ***@****
Thank you!  I will try the same.
Thanx for letting me kno I hav the same problem but how long were u on the diet and how long were u dealing with the problem
Operation is the best way remove it completely
has anyone got cured now? sorry this reply came very late. but i really want to know if any of u were cured now from this horrible smell that we all dealing with. please i need answers..
I have the same problem.  Been to dentist, gastrologist, ENT and no help. Last month I went to a lung doctor and he's treating me for a disease called Parosmia coming from the Olfactory. He has prescribed Calazopam(?) starting out with .25 (1/2 pil) twice a day. This did not get rid of the smell but the smell changed. He up my dose to one pill .50 twice a day and the smell is almost gone. I don't smell it as much. Doctor said this treatment is just the beginning he has other things to try.  I am very hope we are on the right track.  I have had this problem for 7 years.  I'm beginning to feel like my old self.  
eish this situation reflects on my side since i was young and now i don't knw what to do realy
do you think we have some fungus in the nose or somthing? cause i dont really get cold anymore. i dont have runny nose. though the smell has lessen in years  there is still the smell in my nostril. people near me can smell it. and if i stick something inside my nose there's a smell. and i read in some forums here that someone get cured by applying a nasal cream in the nose called naseptin.
Please do not say things like killing yourself...This will get better if you do not give up...read every post and try every thing that has worked for others until you find a cure--and you will find a cure if you do not give up--never give up..many, many others have overcome this and much worse...i know it is hard and awful and it will get better if you keep persevering
have you found a remedy for the nasal odor your boyfriend has if so please let me know
heyy there. I'm 19 and I think I have sinusitis but I am not consulting any doctor. I noticed that whenever I talk to my friends even when my mouth is closed they tend to rub their nose or sniff. When I was in high school I suffered from stomach pain. Again, I didn't consult any doctor, I just treated myself with milk everytime my stomach hurts. With that, I have realized that I have ulcer but up to now I am not consulting a doctor. I rarely experience stomach pain but it is still there, until now that I am in college. The problem is I think the bad breath comes from my NOSE!!I don't know!!It's because I noticed that when someone is behind me, they tend to SNIFF or RUB or even cover their noses!I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO! DO I SUFFER FROM BAD BREATH coming from my nose or from my gastrointestinal are?Please give me some advice. I am slowly decreasing my self-esteem. I started to decrease my social interaction because of my bad breath. I don't know if it's coming from my nose or mouth. pleeeease I do not know what to do:((( please talk to mee:(  Tomorrow, I will be consulting a gastroenterologist about my problem. What will I ask him? PLEASE I need an advice:(((
I have the same problem but with my girlfriends nose but every time I mention it she throws a hissy fit and starts to cry, how can i get her to go see a doctor about it?
She may know, but its such a horrible thing to have to face.  Some of us can't smell our nasal odor (I've never been able to smell mine), so to have someone tell us this is just difficult to handle.  Just let her know how much you care and you only want her to see a doctor because you want to make sure she's okay, if she has a girlfriend that can also confirm that might help, but only ask people to help that love her.  You should go with her, must doctors don't know had to deal with this type of problem so they try to make us believe we don't have it.  Good luck.
Avatar n tn
I think I found the cure. It is saffron Omega 3 fatty acid.
Ask your boyfriend to drink hot water with saffrom(5-6 stigmas enough) on empty stomach( no milk/no wheat/no meat for one week) two times( before breakfast and dinner).
And he should also take omega 3 capsules 3 times/day.
Let me know how you feel after a week?
TRY THIS WITH THE INFO ON TOP... IT WORKS !
I Used it twice a day to start with my regular oral hygiene. I got this thread from someone on another site. (Antibiotics makes the issue worse, It kills all bacteria both good and bad and the bad smelly bacteria tends to grow back faster than the good bacteria.)[br>[br>I prayed to GOD in Jesus Christ's name about this whole ordeal that I've been going through. This wasn't the first time I prayed, but when I did pray"026 a temporary solution was received"026 I guess it depends on how and for what I pray for; at least that's how I saw it. The next time I prayed I made sure I was specific and included as many details to the problem as I could. My wife prayed as well on her own. [br>[br>When I was taking the antibiotics, I thought the problem was going away. The smell did go away, but not completely; The smell was more manageable, but unpredictable. I started to use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse; sometimes with a half cap of Peroxide. It helped a little, but I had to do it often. Then I got word of a product called AYR Sinus Gel. It's used to keep the nasal passage moist. As I understand it, when the nasal passage gets dry, coupled with infected mucus makes a smelly day. I also use Maximum Strength Mucinex D — 1200mg guaigenesin & 120mg pseudoephedrine HCL. [br>[br>(About 10 days ago"026 I prayed again that morning; being very specific and not feeling to confident about my day. I went too work, completed my day. I treated my symptoms with the Rinse, Peroxide and nasal gel"026 as I did every morning, sometimes twice a day. And then I caught a cold. In this case a cold was a good thing. The cold forced me to blow my nose so much I generated a bag and ? full of used tissue; over the course of the cold. I was constantly discharging the infected mucus from my nose and spitting mucus from my throat. This went on for about 5 days. At the end of the 7th day the smell was GONE. I THANKED GOD. The sequence of days went like this. ( I caught a cold on a Friday. I was coughing over the week end. We had a snow storm Sunday night. I was off work / snowed in for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and went back to work on Thursday. I wasn't 100% on Thursday. But by Friday I didn't smell the same odor. I didn't really smell any odor.) I told myself and made a promise to GOD that if this smell is gone, I would reply back to this blog and explain my ordeal so others would have Hope and read how my problem was resolved. [br>[br>I didn't want to enter the blog until I was certain, because I've had the issue for about a year. I waited for 7 more days"026 until January 21st, 2010 to enter this blog. This medical blog is the resource I used to research my symptoms when I was looking for clues to my sinus problem. I read some horrible stories and understood the stress people were going through. [br>[br>So in summary"026 Prayer in Jesus Christ's name was my cure and the cold was my Blessing"026 Today I only use the sinus rinse because it's a good way to clean the nasal passage, I use the nasal gel in the morning to avoid any nasal dryness; along with Maximum Strength Mucinex D. I use these products only once a day and I have no odor coming from my nasal passages"026 I really do not need to take these meds for chronic sinusitis"026 I only take these meds for good hygiene and as a precaution
Hi guys,

Feel like I've had bad breath for about 10 years now and I've tried a number of things. I only found out about 5 years ago and so many things started to make sense :p Wanted to share what has worked with you:

For one, i had mad anxiety. this would make my head all hot. some of the anxiety would come from thinking/knowing i had bad breath. this would make me hot causing bad breath or simply making it worse. and around we go.

i got back on anti depressants as suggested by a couple of doctors. this helped me keep my cool. i still noticed people here and there mess with their noses when around me but i realized that this WASNT ALWAYS MY BAD BREATH! a lot of the time i was just projecting my insecurities. if you watch random people, they touch their noses all the time. we just notice stuff like that way more often because we are more affected by it. its like when you buy a new car, you notice that car all over the road all the time. the car isn't around any more often, you just notice it more.

anyways back to it:

i brush and floss, obviously
i take a shower with steam and use a neti pot. i hawk looogi's all the time. what i believe happens is my LERD comes up to my vocal cords and reddens them. it also causes my post nasal drip. this makes my mucus stay in the back of my throat and begins to smell even worse. i get rid of the mucus as often as i can by spitting it out or blowing my nose. i also dont eat greasy *** food because this will add to the mucus and the stuck feeling in my throat (mcdonalds, taco bell, super duper chinese). healthier, less greasy foods are obviously better for you anyways.

i also take prilosec otc every day. aciphex is also a good heartburn (LERD, GERD) med that my doctor prescribed. This stuff does not have a generic form and costs about $280 per month without insurance. prilosec works pretty well too i think.

i drink plenty of water throughout the day. soda and smoking don't help. i don't drink soda or sugary drinks really, esp if theyre carbonated. i smoked weed here and there but this is obviously bad for breath so i stopped.

my main advice would be to understand that its not ALWAYS your breath that people are making a face or touching their nose about. although do think that. do your best to keep your cool. get rid of your mucus in the morning and throughout the day if you can. really try hard to clear your throat and spit that crap out. i know this is sometimes inconvienient or embarrassing when youre around a lot of people. i wish you guys the best it really is tough with this "thing" that we have.

ps i also have my bed elevated at the head going down so that the LERD doesnt get to my throat at night.

good luck, sorry for the length and misspellings i had a lot to say. these posts have helped me a lot so i wanted to give you my insight/findings. i hope this helps someone i know how it *****
btw ive seen a gastro doctor and an ENT. done a barium swallow and the test where they stick the flashlight down your throat. all they've come up with is the redness on my vocal cords. i believe this makes my breath smell, especially when i deepen my voice or talk loud. i also had the test where they see if a certain type of bacteria is in my stomach. none of these really helped. my best advice is to take good care of your throat. keep it clean and clear, it will become habit after a while but you should notice that your bb is significantly better.

like i said i believe its all about mucus and phlegm. get these out
i SUFFER FROM OZENA.DOU YOU KNOW HOW TO GET RIF OF THE SMELL .tHANKS
ty so much for the positive post---I am going insane with this odor?
I think our condition is called Ozena. I am going to try to make an appointment with an ENT. Until then I will try the extra strength mucinex and neti pot
I used to suffer from this terrible/embarrassing bad breath too I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL that its gone now, my throat used to be very red and I used to spit out a lot of mucus in the morning  and sometimes I still think mucus is stuck at the back of my throat but I normally take large sips of hot water and that helps. My breath from mouth and nose was smelly, smelly but I couldn't smell anything but obviously from the reaction I got from my surroundings it was obvious I had a terrible bad breath. I've had this for like 5 years this is what worked for me, 1 or 2 of these or all of them maybe.

Naseptin - I don't think this helped

Clarithromycin tablets (Antibiotics)

CORSODYL MOUTH WASH - THIS DEFINITELY WORKED, used it twice, morning and evening after brushing teeth, then wait 5-10mins then use this but don't wash/clean mouth after use

Hydrogen peroxide 3% - I used this at midday but  not in the morning or evening cuz I was using Corsodyl

I hope this helps anyone but for me the Corsodyl mouth wash worked definitely
Glad you have found help.  Just a word of caution, be careful with the antibiotics, I honestly believe a long term dose of antibiotics are the reason I have this problem, I think that may be one thing many of us have in common.  If you continue to take them you should also take a probiotic.  
Thanks a lot, I am suffering from the same...  Now I know what to do...
what did it smell like
how is everything going with the lung doctor visits
What did you do? Who is Thanks a lot?
Avatar n tn
hi there...is Naseptin cream for you..please let me know..I have this same problem and not really worried cos I am married with 4 children...but now all my kids got the same problem..what its worse my 19 year old son come to the point where he just want to commit suicide..his girlfriend left him and now he hated me cos he thinks he got from me..please please please i need your feedback on this please.
I've had this problem for years, and I've found that the sinus rinse (haven't tried neti pot, prefer the neilmed squeeze bulb (http://www.amazon.com/NeilMed-Sinus-Rinse-Bottles-Premixed/dp/B001HDRHR8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396629368&sr=8-2&keywords=neilmed+sinus+rinse) I use it in the morning shower & the evening, and pretty much anytime the smell returns.

It does help control it for a few hours. I also chew a lot of gum, like when I'm going to be in the car with someone.

My doctors used to overprescribe antibiotics, which totally made this problem worse. I cut them off, and figured I was on my own.  I add GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT that I bought on amazon to my sinus rinse, about 20 drops per full bottle. It's helped a LOT. It is a natural antifungal/antibacterial and is very safe. Tastes kind of bitter but who cares!

Then recently I started trying the "flip turn sinus rinse" method, to help get the rinse into the upper sinuses. This has helped IMMENSELY. I still get a little smell, but it's much less, and I'm convinced that if I keep it up things will get better.

Also, drink a lot of water, and when you feel like you can't blow the snott out (notice how after you get a bunch OUT of your nose, the smell is OK for a bit? Yep... gotta get that stuff out) drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Vinegar is a mucous loosener, and you'll notice immediately you'll be able to blow the stuff out.

Doctors wanted to do surgery, they are just now beginning to recognize that these are FUNGAL infections, not bacterial. They gave me so many antibiotics that I think it killed off a lot of good bacteria, and let the bad fungus just take over. There was a time the smell was really really bad.

I wish there was a quick cure. But I think we are down to  just treating the symptoms and hoping for the best. Good luck everyone, never give up, and I highly recommend sinus rinse + grapefruit seed extract + flip turn method. As much as you can handle :)

(and yes, the anxiety someone mentioned leads to a lot. Anytime someone says "what's that smell" or offers me gum I jump to conclusions. Usually it's some other smell. If you're really worried, explain it to a close friend or partner, and ask them to be really honest with you and let you know if they smell it. Then, just excuse yourself for a quick rinse, and carry on - don't kill yourself over something as stupid as a smell!)
Forgot to put the link of the flip turn flush:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush
Avatar n tn
hi there, I am just wondering if your problem solved with Naseptin Cream and erythromycin tablets..I also have the same the problem and so my four children..Please help me....
i can understand your problem,why because iam also having this same problem ..sorry u just leave your boyfriend or god should have to help him..,iam experiencing this problem over last 4 years.i know the difficulty being smell coming from nose and mouth..infact for me both.if u want to talk with me just call +917418355796:INDIA,or mail me at ***@****,i need your reply plssss
I am 16 and in high school. I have also had a bad smell coming from my nose. I don't know how long I've had it but I just realized it a couple of months ago. I don't have an symptoms of a sinus infection (pain in nasal area, nasal stuffiness, etc) but I do have a lot of headaches. My nose takes on a lot of smells. Sometimes it can smell like vomit, sewage, poo, sweaty shoes, or a smelly refrigerator. if I'm in a closed tight space (like a car) it can smell up the area. I don't know if its a result of bad breath but the smell seems to get worse after I eat or when it has been a while since I brushed my teeth. so I brush my teeth more often now (3-4 times a day) but the smell still comes back after about 2 hours.  I know that my breath does not smell like Vomit so I think it maybe a bacteria infection in my nose. I'm going to see an ENT and dentist for a cleaning soon. I think I have gum disease so that my also be a culprit. im praying for a solution. this has effected my social life. Im gonna try to cut out processed food, and diary from my diet also to see what happens
Check out badbreathhalitosis.com there are a lot of us on that site with this issue.  Most of us have it as a result of too many antibiotics and most of us have had it for years (me 12 years).  Some have been cured, not sure why others have not been.  I also get really severe headaches, which I also believed is part of my condition.  Have you ever had a ct scan of your brain?  Make sure you tell your doctors about the headaches and ask for a scan.  Good luck!
I am experiecing similar thing over 17yrs now. I find life frustrating now because of this embarrassing illness. My breadth stinks so bad that people from 4 feet can smell it. I have been to ENT doctors, have my sinuses checked, done nasal endoscopy, gone to the dentist, pratice regular flossing and teeth brushing, stopped eating red meat, egg and other dairy products but the illness still persist. It all started in my childhood with a sinus problem. I can sneeze about 100 times especially when room dust gets into my nostril. Sometimes blood comes out of my nostril when I sneeze but that was in rare cases. In addition to this, I have fum bleeding and that also worsens my woes. I am asthmatic but do not get the attack anymore. It was cured. My major problem now is to get my social life back by curing this bad breadth. I have begun the saline nasal douche to see it my case will get better. If anyone has a solution, please let us know to at least get ourselves going for a while... It really frustrating and depressing to see yourself distancing yourself from friends and not living a social life.
I have found using oil of oregano in a neti-pot will eliminate nose odour and will help with infection. I am experiencing an infection after a nose-job that has been going on for over a year. I have been emitting very bad smells through my nose and have been avoiding social situations because of it.

I have been using oil of oregnao for about 4 days now and the smell is 95% gone. The first time I put in about 20 drops in a neti-pot with the salt solution. It stung so much...way more than hydrogen peroxide. Now I put in about 5 drops, it burns almost as much, but feels very refreshing afterwards. Also I have moved to using a squirt bottle instead and only do two short flushes of each nostril 3 times a day.  

This has been a minor miracle for me and hope it can help others.

I would also add to stay away from antibiotics and google "natural antibiotics".

Hope this helps!

(I would like to hear any feedback from those that have tried this.)
good to know! I Should try this. I was using Grapefruit Seed Extract with success, but not 100%. I posted in here a few months ago that this method was helping a lot:
I've been having great luck with a combination of methods, I mentioned them a few comments up. Search this page (Control F on your keyboard) for my user name, JesseD25 and read what I wrote. It's long, but it has helped me a lot.

Oh the other thing I notice helps, DRINK A TON OF WATER. It helps loosen the mucous and get it all out of there.

So does 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. chug it. Vinegar is a mucous loosener.
Hi, i am from the UK and have been reading these posts for last few days.
I too have a stinky nose prob, smells like something has died up there, and its defo the nose not mouth.

About 3 years ago, i had sinus surgery, twice, as probs with headaches etc,. The first surgery went well, but didnt totally stop all the sinus pressure problems i was getting so my ENT consultant suggested another type to make the nasal passage wider. I had been home for 2 days when i noticed a HORRENDOUS stench, i blew onto my partner (via my nostril) and he nearly passed out. I called the nurse from the ward i had been discharged from and she said to come straight back to see the consultant. Next day i saw him, he confirmed it was a 'secretion' which is basically an infection in the sinuses, or to be a bit more crude, a HUGE boogey that was trapped and rotting away. Had a two week course of antibiotics and nasal wash, all cleared.
So why comment now, you may be asking? For the past month, i have got this smell back, its grose, i forgot how bad it was. I went to my GP and told him that i knew what it was and he gave me antibiotics, after 3 days, the smell went, i didnt finish the antibiotics and now the smell is back again. I was looking thru these posts just to check if it was anything sinister. Back to doctors for me 2mrw, im off to china next week and dont want this stinky smell hanging over me. I know we all have different symptoms, but wanted to share my story, feel free to email me if you have any questions. ***@**** regards.
another solution could be surgery. the reason the smell comes from the nose is because the mucous is not draining properly. you could have some type of deviated septum which blocks the mucous from draining. once it gets stuffed and dries out then the smell starts coming out through the nose and mouth. a lot of people have this smell once in a while do to allergies, runny nose, colds, etc.

1. first thing i would do is find a ent surgeon. research and make sure ent surgery is their expertise. i think they are called Otolaryngologist. get a CAT scan, if you did not get one already - if you got one got back and ask for a copy and bring it to the otalaryngologis. these doctors perform lots of plastic surgeries too and they are not afraid to do nasal surgeries. they can fix a nose inside and out. but you are only worried about the inside. when you go see the doctor/surgeon do not let them do nasal endoscopy - because they will put a tube into your nose and look inside for like 30 seconds and not be able to tell anything and charge you $500 just for that on top of your visit. as soon as you see him turn that endoscopic machine on, jump and step back, as if you are some crazy scared person... and ask the doctor "how much is that going to cost?" and then say NO!  - because they will never come up with a conclusion just from that. i think it's one of their scams.... back to surgery, also when you tell you parents about surgery they will not avoid the issue anymore, once they ask why and you tell them because i stink lol also another thing, when you go see the doctor don't mention surgery to them or try to not lead them to think that you want surgery even though that is what you want. they have to find a reason and sort of convince you that surgery will fix the problem.

2. temporary solution.
a. try mucus relief to thin/loosen mucus (cvs, walgreens - no prescription)
b. try nose strips to help you breathe at night,
c. use a semi big pillow to keep the head up and let gravity help you with drainage
d. try saline solution before sleep and morning
e. try alkalol before sleep and morning
f. buy a nasal spray ($10) once you use it, empty, wash it, and fill it with alkalol and have that handy during the day
g. have some cough drops during the day
h. try a vapo inhaler
j. try steamer (walgreens has them for like $20 i think)
i. avoid spicy foods, junk foods, sodas and try having more water, steamed veggies and other natural healthy foods.

3. i think you also need to schedule appointments with a psychologist and tell them about the issue you have, how you are not comfortable around people because you think you smell from the nose and the issues with family, work and friends, significant others, etc. even after surgery you need to have few visits. because of this stress you have been going this could possibly turn into a phobia once you are cured. i would talk to a psychologist even before the surgery to get you started and they could possibly give you honest feedback before and after.

4. try to think positively about your problem. watch ajahn brahm on youtube

eventually you will be thankful for all this your are going through
Avatar n tn
i too have it
Avatar n tn
havent comeback it till now??
Avatar n tn
why there is no solutions?
it might be candida yeast...
it might be candida yeast...
I've had a similar frustrating and embarrassing problem, but originating from the back of the throat. I learned I had tonsil stones from a CT scan, done for an unrelated concern. Tonsil stones are decayed food and mucus caught in tonsil crypts/folds and they smell putrid. My doctor's response when consulted about a remedy was to shrug her shoulders. My dentist recommended SmartWash, a two part mouth wash product which helps control odor, but it's not a cure. I think the only way to eliminate tonsil stones is to have a tonsillectomy. But I've had some success with reducing the odor by using xylitol, either mints or gum. Xylitol is a natural sugar that oral bacteria can't use so they eventually die. This reduces the biofilm that coats the teeth, tongue, & oral cavity. After a couple of weeks of daily Xylitol use teeth feel noticeably cleaner/smooth and coating on the tongue lessens. I mention this here because Xylitol also comes as a nose spay.Perhaps use of the Xylitol nose spray might reduce nasal and sinus bacteria? Google the online dentist "Dr. Ellie" for more information on the use of xylitol.          
I am working on this problem as we speak. I don't take oral antibiotics capriciously so I am using, variously, GSE grapefruit seed extract (a natural antibiotic and anti fungal, even an anti-viral), Neil-Med saline rinse (squeeze bottle, not neti pot -- and with two packages of salt, and a drop of GSE grapefruit seed extract in the mix), probiotics (splurge and get the high-end brands that have actual strain numbers in the ingredients), a tongue scraper, and occasional Neosporin in the nostrils. Will keep everyone posted on progress.
Avatar n tn
Were you able to find something that helps you.  I have been trying any and everything and nothing seem to work.  Let me know if yours is better now.
Avatar n tn
Sorry it did not work.  I even had a second sinus surgery and it didnt work either.  Still struggling with this nasty stuff.  So frustrating and tiring.  Let your kids take some good probiotic.  My mouth is fresh the smell comes from my nose
Avatar n tn
Umm that is not true.  I have had 2 sinus surgeries by 2 different Drs.  The other one told me that i have a lot of Black stuff in my sinuses but he removed them all and i still have the smell.  Surgeries does not help.
I hope to offer a little bit of help! I am in the UK, and too suffered with this rotten smell in my nose when inhaling, it got soo bad I could taste it, and I could smell nothing, but this foul odor, and was making me physically sick to my stomach. Now, I went to see my Doctor who thinks it was my sinus blocked with mucus due to phlegm. My Dr prescribed 100mg of Doxycycline (antibiotic)and Otrivine (nasal decongestant). After 2 days the smell has gone, I am still requesting to see an ENT, to make sure there are no other outlying conditions, which I would recommend you do the same, to make sure you are not just clearing up the smell and to only have it return if there is something else wrong. I wish you all much luck, it really is very upsetting, and people who don't have this really just don't understand how down it can make you feel. Like many of you I tried the salt water sinus rinse, two other kinds of antibiotics, and 3 other decongestants, it took me a few months to find what worked for me, don't give up! if what I tried does not work for any of you, then something else will :)  
hi I was suffering the same thing for 4yrs now ,,,even as I'm typing right now I'm emotional, cos this thing maked me to graduate my high school not in good scores..social life closed, cos me to look lik an imbecile...anyway I followed the breathing technique on the comments there, 30 minutes later I I did neti pot..

.  closing one nostril and take a deep breath and exhale through other nostril...repeatedly for about 30minutes...

try breathing technique, it worked for me,,, right after 30minutes I pulled mucus back from the back of the mouth to my mouth and wasn't testing bloody anymore..

try it...even me suicide I thought about it but I had faith...nothing as depressing as this thing.
Hello everyone.
Its good that iam not the only one suffering with this fatal nose odor. Iam suffring with this from last 2 yrs and had not got a cure yet. Iam a high school student and its very disgusting in school time to attend classes. Every classmate sitting beside me rubs his nose and try to hide. I cant help myself. Sometimes its like i dont exhale breath thinking that would help. I went to a number of ent, docs, but no help. Now after loking to all of the comnts here and on the other forums it looks that many are suffring from the problem but some hate managed to cure themselves however some like me are still struggling. If anybody wants to stay in contact thats my email malfoys76 @ gmail. com
In three days you will be free from such a problem forever.No medication, no nothing. Just cold prtssed coconut oil. Before you sleep, squeeze a couple of drops into both nostrils, till you feel it going down your throat. In three days all the bacteria that is causing the foul smell will be gone.

Simple logic: Coconut oil is anti bacterioal and anti fungal. Trust me, I have had this problem for 20 years, and now I am free from this torture by accident, and I want to share it with the world. Why not, I can understand the nightmare. Try it, everyone, a new life awaits all of you. Good riddance once and for all.

I have kept this short.

Regards!

I have kept this short.

Regards!
Greetings. I have had foul smell from my nose the past 20 years. Have been a loner all this while, but still coped with life suffering in silence. I have tried almsot everything, until one day I squeezed cold pressed coconut oil into both my nostrils. I was using coconut oil for mouth swish and thought why not since coconut oil had so many medicinal positive properties, I was surprised I felt good the next day and after three days, I could get close to my son and friends. I feel free and liberated. The simple logic: Foul smell is caused by bacteria. Anti biotocs does not kill bacteria. Coconut oil is anti bacterial and anti fungal. That's the answer, I dont want to take all of you in a spin. The answer is straightforward. Before you sleep, lay your head back and squeeze some drops into both nostrils, until you feel it streaking down your throat. This is bad news for bacteria. In three days....you will rid yourself of all such. Cheers to a new you...I guarantee this to work.
i´ve got the same ****. i can´t no more. did anyone have an operation?
Hi, just came across this site and by what lil I read it sounds
Like you guys have the same problem as me....
Lost of smell and a really bad smell from my nasal passage,  at
Times it gets so bad you can smell it a block away...
No kidding!
Oh yea and a serious case of dry nasal passage way.

This is what I'm doing and its slowly getting better (the distance
From where a person smells it gets shorter daily)
Needed products...
1. Sinus wash
2. Saline nasal mist
3. Flight spray (nasal spray with turmeric)

Now these are the steps I do daily...
(Works for me, find What works for you)

First thing in the morning after brushing teeth...
1. Use the sinus wash, after you flush the nasal passageway
Don't blow the remainder of the nasal wash away wait
A few mins..
When a few mins past sniff it in, spit out if you like..
Helps loosen up any clogged passageway
2. Use flight spay, it may burn a lil if it's your first time because
Nasal is infected.
3. 2 hours after doing step 2, use the saline nasal mist.. It will
Keep passageway moist and keep boogers lose...
4. Follow step 2 (2 hours after step 3)
5 follow step 3 (2 hours after step 4)
( every 2 hours rotate between 2 and 3)

Before bed at nights, follow step 1.....

This working great for me and I hope it does the same for you....

Ps. Good for fungal sinus infection!
what type of Coconut oil did you use?
I have it and is lik those unaerobic bacteria were trickling on my left upper sinuses bcoz I feel little rough...this is wt I did for the past two days and is working....
lemons and lemon leaves, gwava leaves, mopany leaves....place them in a pot and pour water ,boil them.when steam Is indeed steaming inhale it,, take the pot off the fire becoz it may be dangerous for u to inhale from there....lemon can kill bacteria.I dopped otrivin in my left nostril if is closed to open it, and inhale ,since my left upper sinuses side seems to be one affected...

infection is the upper sinuses affected with unaerobic bacteria, and nasal irrigation, neti pot cannot reach upper sinuses....

pardon my English and my format but I believe u get what I'm saying....

please if it work...come back and testify, to give hope to others as well.
I had, sinus infection, horrible smell, sore teeth, chronic neck pain, headaches.  Went from 53yr old wonder woman to 'barely getting out of bed'.  Had antibiotics and all sorts of treatments but nothing brought it right. In the end I did my own process of elimination and found out it was my new pillow/bed coverings that I had purchased a year ago, coincidentally when I began going downhill.  Didn't realise microfiber was made from petroleum waste and I had been slowly poisoning myself every night.  Within a week of changing everything I am almost back to my old self.  Cannot believe it even now.  Interestingly I was always a natural fibre gal due to allergies but changed for a certain 'bedroom look'.  What a dope!
I read this post went to the doctor  she gave me the erythromycin and problem was solved within 2 days I had been suffering for over a year.Thank you
The mayo clinic study showed that 80-90% of sinus infections are fungal. This is why it comes back after antibiotic treatments which cause imbalance & allow fungal overgrowth. Also if you are being re infected by bacteria [20%] there will be recurrence. I had severe sinus infections for 13 years and took 52 rounds of different antibiotics, steroid sprays etc and ended up with a 20K  sphenoid sinus surgery [a large mass in the sinus cavity deep inside your head] . Turbinates were trimmed, deviated septim was fixed. 30 days later pus & smell returned. I went to a biological dentist & demanded that he pull the root canal on my upper jaw. Not only had it been drilled INTO my sinus cavity but the bone around it had rotted. You see there was no tooth pain as the nerve is removed, but ALL root canals get infected eventually because they are dead rotting tissue. Normally they would abscess & be extracted but this one had a drainage route thru my sinuses & into my stomach. After extraction no more sinus infections for 3 years !
http://www.artofliving.org/yoga/health-and-wellness/Beat-that-bad-breath
what peroxide strength did you use?
Avatar n tn
I read the early posts where a doc gave an antibiotic cream with neomycin.  I used Neosporin and followed up with saline spray.  My nose stopped stinking immediately.  If it occurs again, I know what to do.

I kept having this stink in my nose.  I didn't know if it stank to anyone else, like halitosis, but I found it repulsive to me, and if anyone else got a whiff I'd be mortified.  

So, thanks for the early tips and hope mine can help someone else!
I used to have sore throat, excessive mucus in back of the throat and nose.
I thought i had post nasal drip.
I started taking anti-_histamine
After 2 weeks my sore throat was gone and mucus from back of the nose is gone.
But i still suffer from excessive mucus in throat.
After eating food it become worse.
I also have dry mouth.
I am feeling like people are allergic to me coz when i sit in a room with people.
They start coughing and puttinf hands on their nose.
I think i have a stinky nose too.
I searched it on internet. And it could be acid reflux too.
Please help me.
I am really confused.
Hussain. My life is just like you, except now am in college, and I am loosing my jobs and scholarship opportunities because when people fill out evaluation about me they say I smell like I do come to class from the gym. I am going to loose my mentoring job because of they. I am really frustrated at life and suicide might not be such a bad idea for me, but i cant because all my years of getting A's in my classes and keeping a high GPA would be wasted, I would really appreciate all the support and help that I can get at this point in my life
I've had this off and on for about two years. When it first started, I went to the doctor and got prescribed an antibiotic; this eliminated it for a short time, then it came back. I noticed that one thing that seemed to cause it to get way worse was eating candy or drinking regular sugary sodas. I cut sugar completely (including fruit juice) and it pretty much disappeared. Some googling around led me to the conclusion that it might be candida bacteria living in my nose and throat mucus, which gets bad especially in the fall and winter. These bacteria feed on sugars (among other things, I guess), and so any sugar intake and they go nuts and the stink is off the charts.

So, one thing to try is to cut sugar as much as you possibly can. No candy, sugary gum, soda with sugar, fruit juice, etc. Just drink lots of water with your meals and in between.

I've tried a number of the home remedies people have recommended. The saline or Alkalol nasal rinse/neti pot (including with the "flip turn" method) seems to help substantively but only temporarily. Definitely worth giving it a try.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned above that seems to me to help is to drink homemade ginger tea. You can buy whole ginger root at the grocery store and break off a hunk about the size of your palm, and scrape the peel off with a spoon or butter knife. Then you need to mince it or pulse it in a food processor. Then you need a way of infusing it in hot water; I have a tea pot that I use but obviously there are many different ways. Boil some water, steep the minced ginger for five minutes or so and pour. I like it with a little drop of honey, though not too much because a ton of sugar would defeat the purpose. You want to make enough for several mugs. My theory is that ginger, which is naturally antiseptic, cleanses the bacteria-infested mucus that builds up along the lining of your esophagus. Anyway, it seems to help.
Hello! I'm glad everything has cleared up for you! I'm actually going through this same thing. When say to cut all sugar do you mean natural sugars too like fruit? I drink an unsweetened cranberry juice diluted with a ton of water. Would I have to cut all of that too?
I have suffered from MOUTH ODOR for many years. I first got told when I was about 12 years old. Caused me social anxiety and a fear of being to close to someone. Saw the GP who told me to take antihistamines. Nothing has ever worked. I suffer from tonsil stones which are little smelly balls that live in the back of your throat. If you ever get the displeasure of coughing one up you will smell the rancid ness of it. After suffering for over 20 years i came across a product called therabreath after numerous hours of looking for a cure. It is very expensive but is designed for tonsil stones. I think a kit costs around £30 to buy but you can buy them all Separately. It was the best thing I ever found, the instructions were easy to follow and after the first use my breath no longer stank. I could speak with confidence. They now sell it in this country, boots stock it. So please if you can afford to try it then please do, it changed my life. Google Dr.williams he is the creator, he has a bad breath bible also which has a wealth of information. It's just such a shame that people have to go through their lives living with a chronic condition, it's life ruining, but yet nobody in 20 years ever mentioned tonsil stones, the worse thing is my 10 year old daughter suffers too and also here is his EMAIL ***@**** OR CONTACT HIM 09054914348
Thanks for this needful information. My question is did you rub the cream in your nostrils?
hello have you find cure?
JESUS CHRIST IS THE HEALER !!! JUST HAVE FAITH. . I AM HEALED BY HIS BLOOD !!!
Avatar n tn
hello guys im having the same problem you are all experiencing.. it starter when i was in grade school but it was only bad breath coming from the mouth.. the when  i did got to high school the bad is also coming from the nose..  i really cant smell the odor but i just notice it with other people.. now im 29 years old and thank god im still alive even though all these years im so depressed.. i dont have any friends right now but i have a loving wife  and 2kids.. hopefully you can help me...   im currently low financially but open to any help or cheap alternative solution about our problem..here is my fb account.. please add and contact me.. ogags_obobs***@****
This works for me, no doctors, no prescription, sinusitis relief. It may take a bit of practice, once I got it right, instant improvement. Need to repeat every hour or so until infection is gone, may take a few days. Try at your own risk.  

Bend over a washing basin, nose straight down.  Squeeze both nostrils closed and perform the diver's Valsalva maneuver (go look it up).  Basically build pressure inside the nose to get air into the sinuses. Build pressure gradually and not so much to cause pain in your ears. Your ears may pop, that is ok.  One sign of success is if you hear the noise of air entering the sinuses through the swollen passageways. With very inflamed sinus cavities, the pressure change may make them painful, for the moment.

Release the pressure, and notice the air coming out of the sinuses, reducing the pressure and the pain if there was. If the pain persists, close the nose again and pull air to make negative pressure until the pain is at minimum. With very swollen passageways, it may take more pressure or suction than your lungs can do, build higher pressure or suction with a swallowing motion  of your mouth.  All this may take a bit of practice, but when you get it right, the pain subsides and the pumped and released air will have removed a bit of the mucus or liquid from inside the sinuses. Blow your nose, one nostril at the time and check the mucus caught in the washing basin. You want to get all that stuff out of your sinuses, so repeat the maneuver and blow your nose until it does not get any better.  

With a mild sinusitis, your nose may feel much freer by now.  Repeat as necessary, check hourly if you can get more air in and more mucus out. Keep going and in a few days, the sinuses may heal to a marked degree.  If not, see a competent medical practitioner.

I had painful sinusitis a few times a year, basically with every cold or hayfever, until I stopped dairy. Colds got fewer and hayfever subsided after a year of taking 1g of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) daily. I take much more when sneezing showed an infection brewing - being quick enough, I could stop some colds, not all. Wait 15 minutes could be too late, so  I try to carry enough Vitamin C with me any time. If the cold gets me (major cause: feet or legs got too cold for too long), the Valsalva maneuver helps me with the sinusitis, and in one case relieved a beginning stinky nose.  Air it out.
Avatar n tn
Hey do you still have this problem?
There are lots of recipes to make your own nose rinse

https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/saline-sinus-rinse-recipe.aspx

Save some money people!
Eat yogurt and change your diet, remove red meat and only eat vegetarian or chickatarian diet.  Take probiotics.  
Hey I use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDe7IW0kG7w

daily, it helps me
Avatar n tn
immune therapy
I suffered from the bad nose smell for nearly a year. I had polyps removed which resolved it for a couple of weeks but then it came back. I mentioned the fungal link to my consultant but she wasn't impressed. I also mentioned it to my GP who similarly wasn't impressed but agreed to test for candida by doing a swab in my mouth. This came back positive so I decided to try and treat this. I did some nasal rinses with a few drops of grapefruit seed extract (GSE) but also drank water with about 10 drops of GSE twice a day. I then moved on to oil of oregano tablets, one in the morning and one in the evening. The first time I took them I took 2 in the morning and I'm pretty sure I could feel it working in my sinuses. I'm not sure how long it too, but the smell has now gone for 4 months. I now just do a nasal rinse with saline solution twice a day and take 2 GSE tablets. I also take 2 propolis tablets to help with inflammation. My sinuses feel a lot clearer now as well. Hope this may help someone else.
I have been dealing with this problem my whole life and im still searching for cure. Well i started seeking out about 7 months ago. Went to the dentist first, took xray and was cleared of any plague or anything that could cause bb. I went to the ent next and during the first apptmt i was told that i could be having post nasal drip and lpr. They gave me nasal spray and omeprazole but didnt work at all. When i went for the second apptmt and told them that nothing has changed, they checked me again and i was told that they couldnt see any problem with my ent. I was really puzzled. First they told me i had pnd and lpr, now they said they couldn't see anything wrong in my ent. The best part it wasnt the same doctor who checked me the first time. Anws, i went to the doctor again to get referred to gastro. She was really reluctant to get me referred as she claimed that my breath was fine, though of course it's actually not and even had the guts to tell me that i have some psychological issues. Like as if im crazy. Anw, i pleaded her to get referred to gastro and get my stomach checked. So, i finally got my endoscopy done but sadly (yes sadly) the news wasnt what i expected. i was told that my stomach was fine, no bad bacteria and such as i had hoped. Now, im going back to my first step again which is to get my oral check at the dentist. But this time i have it done at a dental clinic where they have bb management and halimeter equipment. Im going to my second apptmt soon and i hope to get something to advance. Im also taking good care of my oral like having my tongue cleaned (my tongue has super white coating and i cant get rid of them like seriously) and brushed twice a day now. Btw, i noticed that i have some bumps at the back of my tongue and i wondered if that could be (one of) the cause(s) of my bb. I also noticed recently that people can smell my bb even when im not talking like they can smell me from the breath that i released out (if that makes sense). How do i know? I can see some reactions from people around me eg covering/rubbing their nose and coughing when they dont have coughs in the first place. Im sensing wherever i go the smell just follows its crazy. Im really depressed about my condition and i hope to get some solutions... Please pray for me.. I have a life that i envision.. And this life that i currently live is just ruining me.. Im so sad...
So I can only think of more questions. Does he smell like old milk? I have had patients with that and they usually had a digestive or intestinal problem.
Does he smell like bad breath? Does he have acid reflux or heartburn? If yes, he might have bits of food stuck on swollen point at the back of his soft palate or throat. The swollen areas are from the acid. Have him get it checked out. None of the things I mentioned are things to ignore as they could eventually lead to a larger health concern in the future
I have the same experience and wonder if there is any help
Hello my husband has the same prob with his breath we don't have insurance so we do to go to the dentist reg. I recently found this tooth paste comp that is supposed to help with these issues it's called therabreath. (They have a website you can read about what they're about there  you can also buy it at walmart and target for sure this stuff is semi pricey I want to say $7  for toothpaste but when talking about your emotional health then what's $7 .. )  He doesn't use it regularly but when he does I can smell the difference it's worth a try  esp if you do all the steps you're supposed to . I also have a friend that's used it and it works for him.
Also I looked up oil pulling it's where you use (id suggest organic bc you're trying get bacteria out of your body so you'd want something in it's purest form ) coconut oil or grape seed oil and swish it around for 20 or 30 min and then spit it out doing it reg I think 2xa day.   I personally don't know anyone that has tried this but ppl say it works. I've also heard ppl try peroxide swishing it around it kills bacteria I haven't read enough on this to share with you. Another remedy I've heard about is a  toothpaste ppl  use to use way back in the day forgive me but  I can't think of the name it's on Pinterest you can buy it I think on etsy if you don't want to make it  again ppl have said it's worked they all so said they've changed their diet with the homemade tooth paste and have reversed gum disease, cavities, halitosis. I  hope I was some help to you I hope you find the solution you need.
Avatar n tn
Hi, I`ve been staying with my wife for past 17 years with no problems. 2 years back i started smelling bad smell coming from her nose, at first i thought its from her mouth and tried to keep some sweets nearby so that we both have them before we can start carddling but it kept on coming back. And now recently i have just noticed that is directly coming from her nose. Please help what can, I haven't told her yet as i feel like it might make her uncomfortable and worst part is she likes holding me and so closely when we on bed. Its really killing me. Please help
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
This is very interesting...
try manuka honey and look up chronic sinusitis natural remedies
I'm experiencing the exact same thing and it has gotten worse over the years. I've tried everything I can think of, went to the dentist 2 weeks ago and it seems to have made things worse, I have an appointment with the ENT in 2 days. It has really got me all depressed and nobody seems to understand. Hang in there and keep trying though, there's hope for all of us.
Avatar n tn

I have been suffering with the same symptoms since last 2 years and slowly have started loosing friends. Feel very awkward talking to people when they cover their nose. After lots of search i feel my search has come to an end with this site. I am currently following the process for only two days and have observed surprising improvement. Could not feel that bloody poo like smell and slowly gaining confidence on this. Will update this page post 10 days of following the process. Lets now come to the process i am following -

1. Get up in the morning. Have two glass of little warm water.
2. Post brushing teeth, have little warm water with salt (completely diluted) and fill the solution in a "Neti Pot" (can be easily found in medical store). Put the nossle of the pot in one nostril, slightly bend your head on the other side so the water passes through your nostril and come out of the other. This will clean your nasal tunnels and prevent mucus and bacteria from regeneration. Follow this for other nostril and have this process done at-least twice a day.
3. Take 3-4 drops of coconut oil and put them in both of your nostrils till you feel the taste of it.
4. Post lunch, continue following flossing teeth, cleaning tongue and brushing teeth. Have one Erythromycin 500mg (for adult) tablet.
4. In the evening try to do the step #2 one more time.
5. At night, post dinner have one more Erythromycin tablet.
6. Just before going to bed have the coconut oil process done once more (step #3).

That's it. On the very first day, i could observe a sudden change in my taste. My nose was never giving me bad taste.

Many thanks to nosydeadkitty and Nosyparker whose process i am following in combination and so far i am having my confidence back slowly. Hope this would get me my life back. Will post an update on the 10th day about my experience.

Thanks again to all members who have shared their story for helping others.

Regards
Avatar n tn
Hi, I am 31 years old and have had a bad smell coming from my nose for over half my life. I am not sure as to the source of the illness, but one thing is for sure, it definitely stinks physically and psychologically. It is super debilitating as the smell emirates from the nose and mouth (halitosis) and dramatically limits social life and seclusion is a normal way of life. I've had multiple embarrassing moments where family, friends and strangers have either pointed out the smell and/or have recoiled as a result of the smell. Not pleasant or encouraging to one's self of steam, in fact, it is absolutely devastating to know that there is something wrong and that no one wants to interact as a result, worst yet, that there doesn't seem to be a solution. However, despite the fact that there doesn't seem to a root cause solution I have found some means by which to mitigate this problem and hope that my experience can help others and that other's experience can help me as well! To make this short and to the point, I am going to list the things that I have done that I believe have not worked and the things that I have done that I believe have worked to manage this problem.

Things that I have done that I don't believe have worked:
-Balloon sinuplasty
-Sinuplasty
-Septoplasty
-Saline rinse
-Numerous antibiotics
-Numerous mouthwashes

Things that I have done that I believe have worked to manage this medical condition:
-CiproFloaxin HCL (one round)
-Nystatin (fungal mouth wash)
-Mupirocin Oitment (nasal ointment)
-Tonsillectomy
-Sinus clearing technique
1.While looking at the horizon tilt the head to either side (as if to touch the left ear to the left shoulder) cover one nostril and inhale, cover the other nostril and inhale (alternating nostrils) and repeat on the other side (i.e., tilt the head as if to touch the right ear to the right shoulder and inhale through the open nostril). - every hour
2. While looking at the horizon tilt the head back (look at the sky) and cover either nostril and inhale, then do the same thing with the opposite nostril (in hale through the open nostril) - every hour
-Valsalva maneuver (look up a video on line) - every hour
-Clearing lungs as if expelling phlegm from the lungs / air way - every hour
-Avoiding blowing nose (unless to sneeze)
-Avoiding putting anything in nose (i.e., picking nose - to avoid introducing any organisms that should not be in the nose)
-Gluten free diet
-Coconut oil (small amount added to diet)

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and the information that I am providing is strictly my experience as someone that suffers from this (stinky nose) condition.

I hope that we can find a great means to manage and ideally cure this medical condition through personal experiences (patient and doctor experiences) and through further research (by patients, doctors, and researchers) into the root cause of this debilitating medical condition.

Hi, (please read)

I have the exactly some problem as you all have mentioned previous. And it is really devastating to see people hold their nose's because the air, that comes out of my nose stink like bad breath all the time. I have been to ENT doctors but they couldn't help me at all. They claim it is a psychological think and that pisses me off. It is not that I am suffering and embarrassed about my condition and then to be told that it is something that I fantasy about. That is just pathetic.

My question goes to:  
adip_1974 and Nosyparker,  has the coconut oil process, helped you guys? Please let me know as I am desperate to do something about this problem. I have had this problem for the last 15 years since I was only 16 years old. And to live with this problem in all those 15 years have been a living hell and it still is. I have no joy in living life as I have very hard times in my University, my work place, family and friends.

Please and Please somebody help me if you have found the cure for this nightmare. Thanks alot
I'm going to try this and pray it works for me! Thank you