Respiratory Disorders Community
Blood in nose mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Blood in nose mucus

This discussion is related to blood in mucus from nose.

This winter, for the first time, when I wake up most mornings i have a stuffy nose and blood-streaked mucous when I blow my nose.  What's going on?  I do spend all day at work in air conditioning, and I probably don't drink enough water.  Could those two things be causing this?
Hi, may be you are having dry mucosa. Please try oxymetazoline nasal drops along with steam inhalation. If this does not work, get your blood pressure checked, also consult ENT surgeon. Air conditioning may be the reason. Do you have sinusitis?
I have had a respiratory infection in November and December. Just recently I started feeling stuffy at night and feeling post nasal drip at night with a dry cough. I have only noticed the blood in my nose mucus tonight and wanted to know if this was another sign of an infection?
The same thing about when blowing your nose and having blood in your mucus is happening to me. This is my third day now and I have been told that when you blow your nose a lot you can pop a blood vessel in your nose and the blood that comes out it because of that. So I was told not to worry about it because it happens to a lot of people and its very common and it’s not fatal nor anything. But if this continues to happen for more than a week you should go see a doctor because you could have an infection (not a fatal one though :) )