Respiratory Disorders Community
Breathing problems... feeling down.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Breathing problems... feeling down.

I'm not real sure what's going on, but I'm not feeling so great.

Here's the breakdown: I'm 18, non smoker of course, and fairly healthy. I'm a 5-9, 115 pound overall very healthy kid. However, the last two days, I've had a strange ailment.

I cannot get rid of the urge to yawn! I just get this urge to... and then I try to yawn to satisfy it, and it's like I can't yawn all the way to take in the air that I need.

It's driving me mad. It's lasted all day long two days straight... I can't much bear it anymore.
i feel the say way. i feel like i need to yawn or sigh wth  a deep breath constantly. i mean we are talking every 5 minutes all day long for 6 months now. i have had heart tests... nothing but PACs, i had a breathing test and all normal so why do i still feel the need to contstantly take a deep breath or yawn to get it. is this happening cuz i am thinking about it too much?? how many deep breaths a day is normal... if anyone has any advise please let me know and good luck volsy i hope we can get an answer...
yeah the crazy thing is, so many people on here are going through the same thing but I have not read one cure. Guess we suffer and suffer.
I only discovered this site now. I am in deperate need for answers...I am constantly yawning and it feels that I am not getting enough oxygen in my lungs. I have to take constant deep breaths to satisfy my need for oxygen. Did you receive any answers to your problem?
I hope this might help someone.  I have been suffering from similar symptoms for about 10 months.  I always felt like I had to yawn and couldn't get a satisfying breath.  My neck, back, & chest were always sore.  After tons of research and trying different things, I found something called "Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome".  I didn't feel like I was hyperventilating, but when I looked up the symptoms, it was like a check list of everything I had been feeling.  There is a book called "Self Help for Hyperventilation Syndrome" written by Dinah Bradley.  I picked one up on Amazon for about $12.  She gives breathing excercises that retrain your body to breath from your diaphram.  I was totally shocked that within 1 week of doing the excercises my yawning was gone.  It has been 2 months now and no more frequent yawning.  I am still dealing with the tension in my neck & upper back, but she also recommends doing relaxation techniques to get rid of that.  I wish I could have found this information months earlier.  I hope this helps someone!