Breathing problems... feeling down.
I'm not real sure what's going on, but I'm not feeling so great.

Here's the breakdown: I'm 18, non smoker of course, and fairly healthy. I'm a 5-9, 115 pound overall very healthy kid. However, the last two days, I've had a strange ailment.

I cannot get rid of the urge to yawn! I just get this urge to... and then I try to yawn to satisfy it, and it's like I can't yawn all the way to take in the air that I need.

It's driving me mad. It's lasted all day long two days straight... I can't much bear it anymore.
i feel the say way. i feel like i need to yawn or sigh wth  a deep breath constantly. i mean we are talking every 5 minutes all day long for 6 months now. i have had heart tests... nothing but PACs, i had a breathing test and all normal so why do i still feel the need to contstantly take a deep breath or yawn to get it. is this happening cuz i am thinking about it too much?? how many deep breaths a day is normal... if anyone has any advise please let me know and good luck volsy i hope we can get an answer...
yeah the crazy thing is, so many people on here are going through the same thing but I have not read one cure. Guess we suffer and suffer.
I only discovered this site now. I am in deperate need for answers...I am constantly yawning and it feels that I am not getting enough oxygen in my lungs. I have to take constant deep breaths to satisfy my need for oxygen. Did you receive any answers to your problem?
I hope this might help someone.  I have been suffering from similar symptoms for about 10 months.  I always felt like I had to yawn and couldn't get a satisfying breath.  My neck, back, & chest were always sore.  After tons of research and trying different things, I found something called "Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome".  I didn't feel like I was hyperventilating, but when I looked up the symptoms, it was like a check list of everything I had been feeling.  There is a book called "Self Help for Hyperventilation Syndrome" written by Dinah Bradley.  I picked one up on Amazon for about $12.  She gives breathing excercises that retrain your body to breath from your diaphram.  I was totally shocked that within 1 week of doing the excercises my yawning was gone.  It has been 2 months now and no more frequent yawning.  I am still dealing with the tension in my neck & upper back, but she also recommends doing relaxation techniques to get rid of that.  I wish I could have found this information months earlier.  I hope this helps someone!