Bright lemon yellow mucus
I realize coughing up yellowish-green or green mucus is normal when you have bronchitis, but what about bright, lemon yellow colored mucus? What is it? What caused it? How do I get rid of it? Should I be worried? (Have had typical bronchitis symptoms for aprox. 3 weeks...cough, chest congestion, runny/congested nose, lots of phlem, lose of voice, raspy voice, deep chest cough, fever (first week), trouble sleeping because it feels like someone is sitting on my chest when I lay down...causing more coughing, and feeling generally tired. I get this twice a year between winter and spring and again between fall and winter. I have gotten it every year for the last 20 years. It began when I was 14 and got my first case of bronchitis. It was really bad. I was coughing up blood and they threatened to put me in the hospital if I didn't stay in bed the whole summer hopped up on R/X cough syrup and other meds. It's never been that bad since.)
Take some of the lemon mucus and mix it in water. Then add 3 teaspoons of sugar. Add some ice.  Blend it all on high speed for 2 minutes and serve immediately.

Enjoy!
It' probably just the flu.  I have the same symptoms right now... I know this is an old post, but I thought it might be helpful.