Bronchitis or cold????
A little over a week ago I was really sick - fever, body aches, headache, sore throat, and cough.  Everything is gone now except the cough.  It's in my chest, which is kind of achy, and I can hear like a raspy mucus sound when I breath.  It's like it seems clear, then all of a sudden it's mucusy and I have to cough - but nothing really comes up.  (sorry to be gross)  I've never had bronchitis so I'm not sure if I should try to get in to see my doctor or if I should just wait it out.  I know everyone has been sick lately so things are going around but I don't want to wait if it's something that needs attention.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input!
Hi, you should give it a few more weeks before you get too concerned.  If you start coughing up green mucous it is time to head to the doctor.  No point in going too soon.  There will either be nothing to treat or the doc will prescribe an antibiotic for no real reason.  Save that for when they are truly needed.

If your pain level increases, you might want to consider a doctor's visit for something to control the cough.

Take care and feel better.
Thanks!  I went to the store today and asked the pharmacist for a recommendation for a cough medicine - she suggested an expectorant.  She also said that A LOT of people have been having similar problems/symptoms and that many are getting antibiotics... she seemed to think I should call the doctor sooner than later.  But I agree with you - I'm gonna try to wait and see if the expectorant will work, I'd rather not take antibiotics.
Anyway, thanks for your input!