COPD Swollen Legs and Feet
my mother has copd.  She is 75 years old. For the past 2 - 3 weeks her both legs are quite swollen including her feet.  She cannot bend down or get dressed without getting out of breath.  We are at our wits end.  What is the answer for this?  How can we help her swollen legs?
You require the intervention of aphysician.Often this is due to what is called pulmonary edema.It is a venous pre-load problem. Generally the heart is not pumping properly. The fluid is generally relieved by administration of a prescription diuretic such as furosemide,sold as"Lasix"(Lasts Six Hours). Vitamin C willalso act as a diuretic. In addition snugly fitting eleastic stockings are sometimes used, however they MUST NOT BE TOO SNUG. You really need to see an honet-to-goodness M.D.immediately. You have an issue that cannot and should not be addressed on an internet bulleten board. The problem is life-threatening. The good thing is that with proper medical treatment there is a high liklihood the medical problem can be solved and everyone will experience double-happiness. Please urge your mom to see aphysician.
I agree with caregiver, please get your mom to the doctor so that she can get a proper examination as well as treatment to help with the fluid build up. Sunny