CPAP making asthma/VCD symptoms worse
I have severe asthma AND VCD. I was recently started on CPAP for a mild case of sleep apnea. I hate it! I can't breathe with the machine on and it gives me headaches. I'm not sleeping any better with it than I was without it. I'm still waking up at least once per night needing to do a neb treatment. I also have fibromyalgia and PD, so I'm up several times per night due to pain, which the CPAP doesn't help. Does CPAP generally cause adverse effects in people with both asthma and VCD?
no CPAP is great, I have BIPAP and I get headaches without it- you should really work hard and try to adjust to CPAP
If you get oxygen that can help also
I have asthma too but I would be much worse without cpap
I'm not sure what CVD is, but CPAP helps my asthma
Thanks. I made an appointment with my PCP and explained the situation. We decided it would be best to discontinue using the CPAP. I was spending more time awake at night attempting to adjust the mask, etc. so that I didn't feel as though I was suffocating and removing it because my ears were popping due to chronic allergy symptoms, etc. and I was STILL waking up just as often due to pain and needing to do neb treatments, that I was making myself more tired throughout the day, which is something that I never had a problem with before. So now that I'm not using it, I'm actually sleeping for more than 1/2 hour at a time. I still wake up because of pain and needing to do nebs, but at least I don't get the nasty headaches and don't feel like I'm fighting for air. Thanks for the replies.  =)