Respiratory Disorders Community
Constant struggle to get full breath, need to yawn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Hi there, I am a 21 y/o female. I have had random events of being unable to get a satisfied breath of air for as long as I can remember. This feeling is on and off throughout the years, and currently started up again a couple weeks ago. I live a healthy life, yes there is stress but I do not notice the breathing to be any worse when I am mildly anxious.. My O2 stats are textbook perfect. I notice this feeling most often when I am sitting, lying down or eating. It will get so bad that I can't have a conversation or even sing along to the radio because I don't feel as though I have enough air. Tonight I went to the ER because I could not even get that 'one' satisfying breath of air between the short breaths.  blood work, ECGs, chest X-rays done just tonight, ahowing no abnormalities. The doctor said its probably anxiety and I might just have to live with it. Not accepting that answer! I am not an anxious person, I don't believe that the constant feelingia due to anxiety. I've read a lot of people with similar experiences, please let me know if you were diagnosed or ever figured it out. It's a terrible thing to have this unsatisfied breathing/ unable to yawn fully sensation.
To add to this, some days It is such a struggle to breath satisfactory that my chest hurts by the end. Please help and share your experience
Go see a pulmonologist. Those symptoms are more than anxiety.
you might want to see pulmonologist to see if its asthma.