Coughing up Mucus Balls
For the past 4 years I have been coughing up clear jelly like Mucus Balls. I have been a smoker for 8 years, and I have Asthma. I wake up in the morning and in the middle of the night coughing up a lot of the little mucus balls. It happens a little bit through out the day. Sometimes they are balls and sometimes they are like a hair, but made of mucus. I am very scared and do not have health insurance. I am 25, and thought I was pretty healthy. Please someone, HELP!
Well, for starters quite smoking because you won't live to see 65, considering you have asthma as well. Secondly, you really should see a doctor and get your asthma re-evaluated, as night time symptoms are very typical for it. Did you know that smoking causes your cilia ( the tiny hairs in you lungs) to temporarily become immobile, so that all the mucous collects in your lungs. And by the way, I have asthma too and I also cough up mucous on a daily basis, as my lungs have been damaged by bad lung infections. You really don't want irreversible damage to occur in your airways, because you have excess mucous in them. I suggest quite smoking first as that should help to improve your lungs and is cheaper then seeing the doctor. If you still have problems after  3 to 4 weeks, then see a doctor.
You are amazing with a capital A(sthma). If you would be interested I would llove to chat over a virtual starbucks coffee.  If so I will shoot you a pic  kle.
;-)
I smoke about 8-10 a day...and now from past 5 days I cough 5 to 6 times a day and a very thick ball of mucus comes which is yellow and blackish color can someone help me in this...Please