Csf leak help
My name is Kimberly, I am 40 years old. About 7 years ago I was treated with Nasonex in conjunction with a cpap machine for my sleep apnea. After that every time I bent over water would pour out of one side of nose. At first I thought it was blood, but it was the exact consitency of water. I stooped using the nasonex and the cpap ueats ago.
This has happened off and on for years.About 6 months ago I noticed the drip was back, as well as occasional water out of my ears. 12 weeks ago I started having bouts of vertigo.
The water is almost always the same,it is always water,It is always in the right nostril, it always happens right when I sit up and tilt my head after a nights sleep. If it does not happen immediately then,then the first time I bend over in the day it pours. Then usually not again in the day unless I nap. It taste mostly like tears. I can't tell if it is a metallic taste. I tried doing the hankie test, I don't think it stiffens much when it dries. My hubby says it Is stiff .I have occasional headaches, tinnitus,and my ears pop.
When I brought up a csf leak the doctor brushed it off. He says the headaches are migraines, says it is sinuses. I am not sure what to do,any advice is appreciated.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But usually there should be a history of trauma for CSF leak to occur. Cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhoea (CSF leak) occurs when there is a fistula between the dura and the skull base and discharge of CSF from the nose. Detection of glucose in the sample fluid has been a traditional method for detection of the presence of CSF in nasal and ear discharge. But this is not confirmatory as it can show false positivity. The beta-2 transferrin assay is the test of choice because of its high sensitivity and specificity. Also, nasal inspection by Nasal Endoscopy is mandatory. So, don't worry and discuss these options with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I had a CSF leak immediately after using Nasonex.  I went to 5 doctors before one would give me the test to get me diagnosed.