Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Excessive Mucous
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Excessive Mucous
I first moved to the New York area from a much quieter and cleaner environment eleven years ago. When I arrived, I found the environment extremely filty and responded each time I found spittings and filt with much nausea. After awhile, I noticed that when I brush my teeth, and spit, I remember the streets of New York and I get even more nauseated, prompting me to cough in order to expel all of the mucous. Today, its grown worse with much mucous as I brush my teeth each morning. The situation so escalated that even during the day, I have such secretions. I have taken medications on several occasions to get rid of this situation, but it has persisted. Am I really sick, or are there some kinds of foods that you think I can eat to get relief. I have absolutely no coughs, chest pains or any other symptoms, but its like I cannot wake up in the morning and just have a normal teeth brushing or take a birth without these excretions.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
251132_tn?1198082422
I suggest you find a distraction, such as reading and/or music or listening to something interesting on the radio or TV, as you brush your teeth.  This will take your mind off the brushing.  I suspect the "mucus" you describe is mostly saliva or possibly postnasal drainage.  If I am wrong and this really is mucus coming from your lungs, you will need to see a doctor to find the cause of it.  I very much doubt that this is a disease.

This sounds like an emotional response to something that you find to be very offensive.  You might also wish to work with a professional counselor to learn a way to have mornings with normal teeth brushing.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
I had a similar problem with lots of mucous after bushing teeth - I changed to a differnt toothpaste - no sodium laureth sulphate - and it helped. I have since discovered sugary foods made the mucous worse and i've been on a course of anti fungal nystatis which sorted it out well (but now the course is over it's returning). good luck.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thank you so very much. I almost gave up when no one responded to my question and it was my first shot at it.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
To Inanga what is this anti fungal nystatis? and where can I get same? thanx for your help
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker