Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Excessive Mucous

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Excessive Mucous
I first moved to the New York area from a much quieter and cleaner environment eleven years ago. When I arrived, I found the environment extremely filty and responded each time I found spittings and filt with much nausea. After awhile, I noticed that when I brush my teeth, and spit, I remember the streets of New York and I get even more nauseated, prompting me to cough in order to expel all of the mucous. Today, its grown worse with much mucous as I brush my teeth each morning. The situation so escalated that even during the day, I have such secretions. I have taken medications on several occasions to get rid of this situation, but it has persisted. Am I really sick, or are there some kinds of foods that you think I can eat to get relief. I have absolutely no coughs, chest pains or any other symptoms, but its like I cannot wake up in the morning and just have a normal teeth brushing or take a birth without these excretions.
I suggest you find a distraction, such as reading and/or music or listening to something interesting on the radio or TV, as you brush your teeth.  This will take your mind off the brushing.  I suspect the "mucus" you describe is mostly saliva or possibly postnasal drainage.  If I am wrong and this really is mucus coming from your lungs, you will need to see a doctor to find the cause of it.  I very much doubt that this is a disease.

This sounds like an emotional response to something that you find to be very offensive.  You might also wish to work with a professional counselor to learn a way to have mornings with normal teeth brushing.
I had a similar problem with lots of mucous after bushing teeth - I changed to a differnt toothpaste - no sodium laureth sulphate - and it helped. I have since discovered sugary foods made the mucous worse and i've been on a course of anti fungal nystatis which sorted it out well (but now the course is over it's returning). good luck.
Thank you so very much. I almost gave up when no one responded to my question and it was my first shot at it.
To Inanga what is this anti fungal nystatis? and where can I get same? thanx for your help
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker