Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Feet/Lower Leg Cramps - Steroids
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feet/Lower Leg Cramps - Steroids

I went to my doctor last week and he doubled my Qvar dosage to 600 mcg.  Over the last couple days, my feet/lower legs (right above the ankles) have been cramping almost on a daily basis.  Now, most of the what I have been dealing with, in regards to my asthma/emphysema, is tolerable...pain is not.  My water intake has increased due to my HCV diagnoses in November, so I don't think dehydration is the cause.  I am breathing better, however,if the two are related, I'm not sure if this is something that I want to deal with.  In other words, if the result of breathing better means that I have to live with these cramps...I don't know if it is a good trade.  Yes, I am whining.  I am a survivor of natural child birth, but that pain subsided in a few hours.  These cramps, which sometimes look like I have a walnut growing on the top of my foot or ankle, occur almost daily and sometimes several times a day.  Do you know if there is a relationship between the steroids and cramps?  Thanks for letting me whine!.

Jamie