Respiratory Disorders Community
Multiple bilateral noncalcified lung pulmonary nodules, help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

2 Days ago I had CT scan for rib  study progress. the DR called me that afternoon and said I had 12 non calcified pulmonary nodules ranging from 2-7mm in size, most being 5-6mm. im very very worried. Radiologist said too small for PET or biopsy. Im worried to the extent I cant stop thinking its Cancer. Im 32, smoked for 23 yrs. Does anyone have similar issue or any insight on what outcome may be? At this point its a waiting game for 3 month follow up scan. I just had CT scan 8 months ago, with no nnodules....should I be as worried as I am? Any iinsight will help. Thanks in advance -btw i have not been sick or had any lung infection nor have i been to the sw usa in a looong time...like i said, ANY insight will be greatly appreciated.
I have some experience with CT-scans and funny things growing in your body. Let's start with your extensive smoking history, 23 years is that correct? That's means you started when you were 9? Lungs continue developing till your early adult years. Your lung function actually increases till mid 20's I do believe. Have you had any lung function tests done? I assume you have no breathings issues. Anyway, back to the nodules. I have a calcified lesion (2cm X 3cm) by my kidneys that was discovered a year ago quite incidentally. Left me in a panic at first. My consolation initially was that there was very little extra blood vessels feeding this thing. A lot of blood vessels around it, means that it is more likely to be cancerous, because that is how it grows through all this extra food supply it's created. I tried to have a CT guided biopsy done on it, and non could be sampled because the thing was too darn hard! Clearly calcified I would say. I still had to do another CT-scan 6 months later and I'm set to do another one soon (6 months after the last one). Your doctor requesting a 3 month follow up, does sound concerning. Try to keep yourself calm during these three months. One good thing is if they don't change in size during this time period, then they could very well be benign or really slow growing tumours. The good thing is they are small right now and you came in at a good time. Let's cross our fingers and hope that at the end of this it was just a stressful period you would like to forget. :-)
Thanks, I appreciate your optimism. And, yes, unfortunatley I did start at age 9, but dont think I really inhaled til 11. Still very bad tho! My biggist concern is they have never been there before and they are not calcified. Again, thanks for your reply!
Recently, during my routine medical check up, I have been deteced for multipal biletral pumonary nodules, in X-ray. Doctor suggested for CT, i also undergo CT but not detected further. Doctor recommended for byposy for neoplastic, I undergone for byopsy and it was deteced only fibroseritic or fungal . No evidence of cancer cells are found. can anybody share imfornation on this?
On my lung scan it said I have a nodule at 7mm in size, most of the nodules range from 2-4 mm....Two small  precarinal lymph nodes.  Thickening of the pericardium.  Has anyone had any experience similar?
mollyboo