Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Permanent Cough - Occurs after food, and at nights

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I am having chronic (permanent) cough for many years.  Immediately after having hot water and food, the phlem will come out from behind the nose and then come to the throat, then it comes out through the mouth.  Also at night after going to bend, I may have to get up atleast a couple of times to spit the phlem before I sleep.  Also in between sleep after 3 to 4 hours, when the cough fills the throat, I wakes up and goes to the bathroom for spitting and rinsing the mouth.  During cold season in humid air my throat irritates for lite coughing.  

I am a non smoker, never smoked.  Last month, I went to ENT and he had tested antibiotics and many other medicines, but gets some relief during medicine.  But the permenant cough/phlem generation never stops.  He has told that the nasal bridge (I think septum) has bent towards left, and the cough can accumulate on the left side because of this.  Done CT scan and found that the accumulation is not much to do an operation or removal of cough.  But still the generation of cough never stops. Finally he has given medicine for alergy (allergy), as I cough when cold humid air, comes inside.  During sleeping, I cover both of my ears so that the heat generated through ears will not escape, which will give some relief, stops  coughing while sleeping.  

I also snore in light sleeps, which stops if I sleep on my sides rather than on back.  I believe the snoring also is because of the accumulation of cough behind the nose while sleeping.  I avoid cold drinks, to reduce the cough formation.

Could anyone suggest me a good treatment for this ?
In a person who has a normal chest x-ray and who doesn
Can Anyone Answer my Query ?