Respiratory Disorders Community
Prednisone for 1 month?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prednisone for 1 month?

thanks for any advice!  I've been prescribed prednisone for 1 month at 10mg/day and heard that it can be bad for the liver and cause adrenal damage.  Is this true?  I was having breathing problems and for about 10 days I was taking 25-50mg HC suppositories
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I've been on symbicort/proventil and singulair for months and I'm still having trouble breathing, chest tightness, exhaustion- I went through 2 courses of prednisone and methylprinosolone a few months ago
Blank
Prednisone is a bad medicine and can cause lots of bad side effects.  

You are on a relatively low dose.  1 month at 10 mg should not cause any major problems.  You shouldn't have any issues with withdrawal when you go off that dose suddenly.  I know people who are 5 mg every day for life.  

I do question the effectiveness of this dosage though.  I think you would benefit fro an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) more than oral pred for long term use.

Take care and feel better.
Blank
I am taking inhaled symbicort for months but I still have breathing problems
Blank
I also get painful cramps in my ribs
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now