Respiratory Disorders Community
SIDE RIB PAINS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

SIDE RIB PAINS

Hii
so i went to the doctors about 3 weeks ago, and i was told that i had pneumonia. i took some antibiotics, and i thought i was better completely? but i am not too sure. well, when i was in the middle of being really sick, i had real bad side pains around my ribs. it felt like something was stabbing me, i couldnt breathe, everytime i coughed, it hurt more than ever, and sneezing was even worse. but after about week and a half, it started to hurt less, and i thought i t was compeltely healed. so i went back to practicing for my sports team, and everytime i tried to do more things, i';ve noticed that my rib still hurts. also i found two bumps on my top ribs. it feels like two ribs are sticking out/swollen or something compared to the others. it still hurts when i sneeze and such. what do i do? moving my body towards that side of the rib hurts too.
Did you cough alot with your pneumonia? It is possible to dislocate the ribs, even crack them with violent coughing. Since the affected ribs look swollen, I bet they got dislocated somehow. I would mention this to your doctor, let him or her examine you and see what suggestions he might have to help this problem.
Sunny
It sounds like costochondritis. I have this, where it hurts to push the areas between the ribs. essentially it is inflammation of the muscles between the ribs. Mind starting because I sneeze and cough so much due to allergies.

My doctor recommended anti-histamines to snop me sneezing.