Respiratory Disorders Community
Severe chest pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Severe chest pains

My father is 67 years old and is a chain smoker.. recently he is facing a lot of pain on the left side of his chest.... and he also faces gas and acidity problems.. his chest pain reduces the moment gas passes by.

My query is, can Gas problems cause severe chest pains....
yes it can but he needs to be seen by a doctor to because chest pain is nothing to play with
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

GERD or acidity problems can cause chest pain. Angina or pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart is usually retrosternal (mid chest or slightly to the left) and is usually brought on by exercise and relieved by rest. But there can be atypical varieties also. But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.