Respiratory Disorders Community
Sinusitis due to deviates septum and eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis. This is due to the deviation of the septum to the left side. As a result i am extremely 'stuffed' up all the time and suffer constant headaches down the left side of my head. the thing that is really bothering me though is my eyelid. each morning i wake up and my eyelids appear identical, however as the day goes on my left eyelid seems to appear sunken, or as though i have more eyelid shoing then my right eyelid. this is becoming really painful and making me extremely self consious. I can barely look in the mirror by the end of the day as i feel so mortified as to what my eye looks like. Alot of ppl say im being silly, but i notice it and i feel it and i hate it. I am due to have surgery but i dont know if it will fix the eyelid situation. Its been happening for around 12 months. Has anyone ever experienced this.!!! HELP i'm at my wits end :(
You should try a saline rinse. Neilmed has a few products that are rated highly with MD's.

Here is a website where you can read testimonials from patients and MD's:

http://www.neilmed.com/

David
I would see an ophthalmologist to see if the two conditions are related.  I have chronic sinusitis, but no eyelid problems.  I hope you'll feel much better after the septoplasty.
I agree with David on the "saline rinse" or some kind of sinus irrigation.  I do it daily and have a fancy machine, I think it's called Hydropulse.
If you do have sinusitis then it's probably lodged in the sphenoid or frontal sinuses, and it could possibly (I will only say possibly, not probably) be messing with your nerves to the eyelids due to inflammation.
I agree with angelica's comment about the ophthamologist.

A Neilmed or Hydropulse are both excellent irrigation devices, but the Neilmed won't reach the upper sinuses (says so on the box) due to gravity, and I don't know about the Hydropulse, for the same reason.  The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush will reach the upper sinuses, because it uses gravity rather than fights it

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground.

There's a new instruction that i haven't added yet:  After a completing the flush, look straight up, in the shower, or lay on your back after you get out of the shower, to aid drainage.  If you get rid of the infection, your deviated septum surgery will be easier.  Good luck.
Did you ever find out what was causing your eye problem?  I have the exact same thing and have been through a battery of tests with no answer.  My eye looks normal in the morning and gets bigger and bigger throughout the day.  Nothing helps at all!
Thanks!