THICKENING OF LUNGS
my dad is 57 yrs old. From the past 2yrs he is suffering from severe cough and from the past one and half year his breathing became difficult and he under went many mediacal tests. Finally the doctors concluded that his lungs are being thickened. He has no smoking and  no drinking habits and purely vegetarian. Is it a rear disease? Isw there any cure to this? What should i do now?  Please tell me the solution to this problem.
Thickening of the lungs is called 'pleural thickening', and although it is not a disease/condition, it is usually the symptom of one. Pleural thickening can be caused by tuberculosis, exposure to asbestos, sarcoidosis, or from an unknown origin. Pleural thickening can't be cured as the underlying cause needs to be treated. I would suggest your father see a pulmonologist (specializes in lungs) to determine the next step.
for 2weeks now i have a very veryy bad chest infection the second week not quite as bad as the first on several occasions felt the coughing up flem was going to make me choke and on occatins vomit as the mucas was that thick and lots of it now that has eased i feel that any thing i eat wont go down my throat and stayes what feels like my throat and wind pipe area i am worrid should i go to the doctor again or is this common after chest infection ps during this bout of infection i have been using a nebuliser could it be anything to do with that PLSSSSSS if you can help do so im getting more anxouis.