Respiratory Disorders Community
Tender pain in chest when pressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Dear Friend,
Both doctors are saying very similar things & it's very important for this child to have follow-up care by a specialist who can help him get his lung condition under control so he can lead a healthy, active life.  Please urge your family to be sure he gets the medical attention he needs.  Chronic coughing is NOT normal & needs prompt attention to avoid permanent damage.  There are many docs who are good, but specialists are specialists because they receive additional training to help folks the specific problems.  Hope this is helpful.  If you'd like more info about lung conditions, try www.NationalJewish.org, particularly their MedFacts & LungFacts.  Best of luck!
Aloha,
Starion--thriving in HI

Tender pain in chest when pressed

Hi. About 1 month ago, my chest began to be very sore, for no apparent reason. I have no couching, and I dont think its from any strain. When I breath out (let my breath out & not in) the pain gets unbearably worse. Almost like my chest is caving in on itself, or caving in on something just underneath. The pain is directly in the middle of my breasts but just above them. When I touch this upper, painful, chest area, its extremely tender and sore. And it hurts bad to even press it a little bit. When this happenned 1 month ago, it lasted for maybe a couple weeks, and then went away. Well, this pain started again today. What could this be? I also have problems in my legs, I think its nerve problems, but doctors cant figure it out. Sometimes I have such bad pains in my groin (upper legs) that I limp to walk forward. (my legs cant take my normal long stride-like its being blocked from walking) Im tall, and 27 year old female. Could the legs and chest be related. I really appreciate any help and information you can give. Thank you!
hi kristin79

I am male 29. I have been experiencing exactly same symptoms as yours  since October last year. I thought it was a possible reaction to Hep B vaccination I had in September last year and my doctor agreed with me. First, I started getting breathing difficulties and sores in the middle of the chest. When I touched it, it hurted. It lasted for three weeks and then my legs started getting week and burning like feeling in feet and tingling in nerves and upper leg going very week. I messaged my legs and they felt better. Doctor told me to drink plenty of fluids to subsidise this. I did and now I feel better. Now my feet and legs feel week once in a blue moon unlike in the beginning when they were burning 24/7. So, they are improving.

But now the chest sore has come back.  Did you take any vaccination lately? I personally think its possible allergy. Get yourself checked for allergies. Obviously, you will need a doctor's advice for your chest, antibiotics etc. I thought I would share the legs bit with you. Drink plenty of fluids and see how you feel. But do see your doctor for a blood and urine test as I did.