Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Throat seems like it wants to close ? Help !

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I have had this symtom of feeling shakey (shaky) and hot all of a sudden, my feet and hands get cold. I cannot catch my breath, and my throat feels as  if it wants to close. Drs tell me its Anxiety, but I feel its something else. I am on all sorts of meds for anxiety to no avail. I need help from anyone who maybe has experienced this sort of ailment. I'm tired already and feel almost helpless. When these attacks come on, I need to be somewhere cold where the air is hitting my face. I am desperate for any suggestions. I have had many tests and all the Drs. say is that all it is, is Anxiety. These attacks come on without warning and happen anywhere. Please send any suggestions to my E-mail. ***@****.
Thank You and God Bless you.
Your description of events suggests that you may be having Anxiety associated Panic Attacks that could account for all your symptoms.   If not already performed, your medical evaluation for the “feeling that my throat feels as if it wants to close”  this should include direct examination of your throat and vocal cords, by a doctor skilled in the use of an instrument called a fiberoptic laryngoscope to be sure that none of your symptoms have a physical basis such as, for example, disease and/or inappropriate closure of your vocal cords.

The good news is that having Panic Attacks is a treatable disorder and you should be able to get relief.

If the diagnosis of Panic Attacks is not correct, another more remote possibility that you could be having abnormal release of hormones from either your thyroid gland (thyroid storm) or your adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).  You might want to ask your doctor about these possibilities.

Good luck
Sweating can be stopped quickly with the use of SweatStop antiperspirants against excessive perspiration.