Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
barking cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

barking cough
I have had a cold or possible sinus infection (green discharge when blowing nose) for a week.  It began as a head cold, but for the past few days, the congestion has settled in my chest and I began coughing.  My cough sounds like a "bark" but the congestion is loose.  If I felt worse, I would think I had bronchitis or pneumonia from the sound of my chest and cough.  I guess my question is, since I have no fever and don't feel very bad other than just a little malaise, is this just an after-cold cough or could it be something worse?
It could be something worse, like bronchitis or pneumonia.  However, since you do not have a fever and do not feel badly, it is less likely that this is something worse.  If it is just a cold, it should definitely be better after 7 days.  If not, even though you feel well, this could be a bacterial sinusitis.

If you have not nearly recovered by the time you receive this message, you should definitely see your doctor.
Hi, does it feel like there is something stuck in your throat and when you try to cough it out, it does the barking sound but never clears?
A related discussion, 'Barking' Cough was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker