black and gray specks in sputum
I am 29 years old .I have a sputum with black and gray specks ..I am not a smoker ,and  a was not exposed to asbestos.....my sputum culture negative...can it be fungal?? Shall i take antifungal emperically??
The first thing I thought of was a fungal infection....Maybe the doctor should order another sputum culture and a xray to see if anything is going on in your lungs. Do you have other symptoms? Sometimes a CT scan is also done because fungal balls can be tough to see on xray. I would definitely talk to you doc especially if you are still coughing up this crud.
Good luck, I hope you get answers soon.
Jenn
my husband just started coughing thick mucus with gray mixed in it. He stopped smoking about 4yrs ago. He has asbestosis also. should he be worried about this. he coughs up pghlem every day but this is the first time it was this color. could you tell me if this is something to be worried about.