Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
nerve endings in cheek

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

nerve endings in cheek

I've had sinus problems for about ten years.  I usually take a claritin-D and it clears up the congestion.  However, I'm not sure that this is my sinuses.
One day before Christmas the space between the middle of my cheek running toward the top of my head but ending about an inch above and to the right of my eye had a sensation that I've not experienced before.  It felt like the muscles beneath the skin were being stretched or like the nerves were stimulated.  It only last for a half hour.  However, it happened again last week and continued for several hours.  I called the doctor but couldn't get in.  The nurse said that it was sinuses.  The next morning it was gone.  Saturday afternoon was an even worse attach with the "weird" area running from my chin across my cheek and then above my eye.  I was fine Sunday and yesterday but today its back again.  I have an appointment for Friday but wondered if you all with sinus problems had ever had anything like this before.  I am breathing just fine with no congestion in my nose.  Thank you in advance for any response.
It is difficult to say what is the exact cause of the symptoms you have described.  It could be related to sinus swelling and referred pain.  It could be related to the other facial nerves, which can cause pain if inflamed.  It is important to get a CT scan of the sinuses to see if they are involved at all.  If they are, it does not rule out other nerve pain, but is something to be addressed.  If the sinuses are clear, then this gives you an avenue to approach other areas as the primary cause.
Thank you for your response.
I will ask my doctor for the CT scan on Friday.
Let me know how you make out.. ive had that for 4 years.. went to ENt and had CT and MRI.. I think mine is from a deviated septum .. mabey yours as well. when the turbinate get inflammed they rubb on your septum.. email me  ***@****
I was told by my doctor that it was just sinuses and given a mucus thinner.  I guess it helps but I still get the same sensations on an irregular basis.  Always this has been on the left side of my face.
Now my right eye lid is beginning to droop.  On Saturday it was half closed but today isn't as noticable.

Once more I've called the doctor to try to get an appointment or a referral.
A related discussion, Sinus/ nerve ending pain was started.
A related discussion, scar was started.