Respiratory Disorders Community
primary complex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

primary complex

Hello Everyone,
I have a nine month old baby and was exposed to a person with tuberculosis. The doctor did a skin test and the initial finding was positive. The doctor said that the next step should be x-ray to be sure if it is primary complex. I am not really very familiar with all these stuff. I was hoping someone could shed some light on how does primary complex could affect my son. Does it have a long term consequence? Can it be cured without recurrence. I'm so worried and nervous for my son's health. I would really appreciate it anyone could give me information about this.
Thank You So Much,
Kagwang73
Have you called your pediatrician?  that would be my first step.
bring ur child to a doctor and have him examined by the doctor so the doctor can answer all ur quetions.
if the childs mantoux is positive,go for chest x ray.if the chest x ray shows enlargement of glands,the child may have primary complex.child may need six months of anti tb drugs.if x ray is normal ,still the child may need three months of INH,as the child is mantoux positve.