Respiratory Disorders Community
respiratory disorders
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

respiratory disorders

my husband is on oxygen 24/7 he has severe c.o..p.d. alongside another respiritory disease. m.a.c. He is at end stage lung disease and they have now had to increase his oxygen to 1.5 lt  from 1.lt,as his sats were only 76-77% on oxygen. they have taken blood gasses & his carbon dioxide levels increased, but have decided to leave oxygen on 1.5lt. and refrain from any further bloods to be taken. I know this will quicken the inevitable outcome.  what symtoms (symptoms) or changes   should I expect ?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament and sympathize with you. Lack of oxygen and acidosis can cause confusion and lack of orientation. Further decreased oxygen supply to the heart can cause angina or infarction. And the consequent decreased blood supply to the kidneys can cause a decreased urine output. It will become a vicious cycle. Respiratory support may be mandatory.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
thank you for your comments, things however have now changed, my husband sleeps nearly 24/7 now and is in the care of the speciality paliative care team. Had to call out of hours G.P. as I could not wake him,he eventually came round but his sats are now only 75. thanks again for your help
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...