STDs - International Expert Forum
Amsterdam red light district mistake! What am I at risk for??

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

I recently made the stupidest decision of my life and had sex with a Amsterdam sex worker from the red light district. During the encounter she put the condom on and proceeded to give meor sex. She made it very clear notto touch the condom (which gives me some relief since she probably employs the same method to other customers.) after oral sex we proceeded to have sex doggy style. Everything felt pretty safe up until the end of it. After I had finished. As i pulled out the condom, intact, had slid to just before the glans of my penis. I'm afraid that there may of been contact as that happens and god fobid maybe a little during intercourse. What am I at risk for??? I'm freaking out.

Thank you!
Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum.
From the detailed description of the events that happened, it seems to me that you have not been really exposed to any STDs as you used a condom and this remained intact covering the head of your penis, which would be the area where you could become infected if some vaginal fluid had come into contact with it.  However if you think that some fluid might have touched your glans/urethra, there is a possible risk of infections such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, mainly.  Also the possibility of syphilis.  these infections are very easy to transmit, but at the same time, easy to test and treat.  
If what you are worried about is possible contact of fluids on the skin of the base of the penile shaft, the only possible infections that could be contracted there would be HPV (genital warts) and herpes.  These would give symptoms if you had contracted them within the next few weeks.  These are all theoretical risks at the end of the day.  No other risks.
Best wishes,
Dr José
I apologize for the typos. I am on my iPhone. What STDs am I at risk for? Viral or bacterial? There may of been small contact near the base of the shaft of my penis.  Thanks again!
Dr. Jose,
Thank you for your prompt response. Is there any for HIV??? Also, what is the risk per exposure rate for herpes and hpv? How early can I be tested for herpes and hpv?
Thanks again.
As mentioned above: no other risks.  Therefore no risk of HIV.
In the event that she had HPV or herpes, the transmission rate is high.  
I would not recommend any testing if you do not develop any symptoms.
In abscense of symptoms one could always have a herpes serology to see if you have antibodies, but you would need to wait at least 12 weeks.
Kind regards,
Dr José