STDs - International Expert Forum
Relation between HPV and acne?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Relation between HPV and acne?
Hi Doctor,

2 clarifications please:

1- Is there any relation between HPV (genital or non-genital) and Acne (not facial warts, I know the difference)? I read that strangely many people reported occurence of both cases at the same time. Is it because people become more self conscious or is there any type of relation that can explain this phenomenon.

2- I had HPV (filiform wart on the area below lower lip and above chin) and my sister then had an unexplained acne pimple on the face afterwards. Could there also be any relation or something that I might have caused her in this case?

Thanks as usual

Thanks a lot
Thank you for your post.
Here are your answers:
1.) Not at all.  HPV has no relation with acne and it is not a cause of it.  Acne is not caused by viruses.  However both might appear concomitantly when the individual immune system is run down.  That is the only possible link that I can think of, but they are totally unrelated.
2.) I do not believe so.  Just a coincidence.
Kind regards,
Dr José
By the way, her pimple was not diagnosed as a wart by her dermatologist just to make it clear, so we are sure it is not a wart. But I just wanted to check whether there is any HPV contagion from my side that might have led to her developing that acne?