STDs - International Expert Forum
Worrisome situation

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Worrisome situation

Hi, a month ago I had an encounter with a prostitute, who gave me an unprotected fellatio. I took a 3-day course of Cipro 500mg twice a day right away, and then went to see a doctor, who prescribed me Azythromycin 1g and Cefixime 400mg in one take. In the meantime, I experienced a mild discomfort in my urethra, no discharge, and no burning while peeing. Just a sort of irritation in my urethra which would come and go. No test from doc, just checked lymph nodes and wrote down urethritis.

A week after the Azythromycin and Cefixime course, symptoms were still present and my doctor prescribed me a 10-day course of 200mg doxycycline twice a day, which I finished. Symptoms were on and off during this period. I went back to him after that, and he eventually gave me a 2g dose of metronidazole for trich. Symptoms went away 3 days after that.

In the meantime, I only had protected sex with my partner, and the only unprotected contact was me using some saliva on my fingers to lubricate her. During this 1-month period we had very scarce sexual activity, and it was always protected. 3 days ago however, my partner gave me an unprotected *******, and then we had protected sex. Within a few hours I was experiencing a similar discomfort. I am 100% certain that before my encounter with the prostitute my partner was 100% STD-free.

1) Is the heavy medication I took (Cipro, Azythromicyn, Cefixime, Doxycycline, Metronidazole) enough to have cured any potential infection on my side?
2) What are the chances I actually infected my partner using some saliva to lubricate her?
3) Can the symptoms I am experiencing now be a result of my partner having been infected, and reinfect me? Note that the discomfort came back almost instantly. Can the irritation I'm feeling be caused by just having had sex after having had an infection?

I am a bit freaked out as I am feeling extremely guilty already about this encounter, and having to reveal it to my partner would ruin my relationship.
Hello

Thanks for your post. You have asked:-

It is more than enough to deal with any bacterial infection. You won't acquire HIV through being sucked. Bear in mind that simple physical irritation of the urethral meatus - the hole you pee through - through being sucked - is more than enough just to irritate the end of your penis and mimick urethritis type symptoms. I think you are likely fine.

None

I think the only reasonable answer here - is that this is a simple irritation caused by the physical activity of sex - I'd be surprised if you had an infection - I would suggest though that if your symptoms continue then you should test first this time.

kind regards, Sean
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your answers. It does feel like an irritation. Any thing I can do to ease it up/make it go away? I'd wait another week and go for a test if this hasn't disappeared.

Best,