My bf gets a sore throat after going down on me
This is a bit embarrassing but my bf recently told me that he wakes up with a sore throat after pretty much every time he's gone down on me over the past few months.

From what I've read on other posts people are generally saying this can't be to do with an STI and I'm near certain I don't have one anyway but it seems that something must be wrong!

It is rare for me to not shower daily though tbh not impossible.  I probably shouldn't let him go down on me if I haven't yet showered(?).  I could use feminine wipes immediately before we get intimate but I don't like the smell of them as it is so wouldn't really want him to go down on me after using one!

He's the only person I've been with steadily so I don't know if this was the case with other boys.  Also he's quite prone to getting tonsillitus anyway.  I did ask him if it might just be psychological and he said that he has literally only just noticed the pattern so it wouldn't explain why he's been getting them the day after each time for a few months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Would obviously like to change this if I can and especially if it does mean I'm unhealthy in some way!   Thanks
this isn't std related.

not unusual for this to happen. he can try performing protected oral on you but odds are it has nothing to do with any bacteria on you.  

grace
Thanks for your reply.  What exactly is protected oral for women?