STDs / STIs Community
TPHA Syphillis(syphilis)

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

TPHA Syphillis(syphilis)

I am a 25 year old male. I got an oral from a random girl I met at a party (bad idea). I got an ulcer on my penis after approximately 2 weeks, checked with the doctor and got a TPHA test done. My TPHA titre reading is 1:80.

I have an upcoming medical that check for TPHA +ve. I want to know if I get pencillin treatment asap (which will be today), how long will it take for the VDRL and TPHA reading to be negative?

From research I have gathered it might not even turn negative. I would appreciate if somebody can share any insight if medical examiners (in my case GAMCA) approve medical on the basis of complete treatment?

I would also like to get a second opinion (besides my doctor) as to how long will be the treatment?
If you want a 2nd opinion then you will have to see another Dr, we are here for advice only.

Syphilis tier number even after treatment may stay positive for years but you would see the number go down because it looks for antibodies and the body keeps the antibodies for years and years in the blood.
Normal range is >1:80.

My reading is 1:80.

Post medication, how long will it take to get back in the normal range?
it may never be negative.

have you ever tested for syphilis before this?

grace
No I haven't. I got the first symptoms a month ago and tested immediately.

My appointment is in 2 days but I am curious.

From what a GP told me, it's a very low reading and can be reversed easily and quickly but she wasn't a specialist.