STDs / STIs Community
Trichomonas without sex? help!

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Trichomonas without sex? help!

I went to the doctor last week because I thought I had a bacterial infection. She told me that I had Trichomonas and that it can only be contracted through sex. So I told my boyfriend (who I have been in a monogomous relationship with for 2 years) and he got tested. His came back negative and no hes not lying. I heard the words from his doctor's mouth.  I havent been with anybody else since I met him and before that I had not been with anyone for 2 years. Both of us took std tests right before we started having sex and we were both negative for everything.  And I have had 2 annual check ups complete with standard std tests that were negative while we have been together. I am soo confused! I have read that you can get it from a wet surface or toilet seat, but that seems so far fetched. But on the other hand I have been training for triathalons so I have been in the gym and pool non stop. I just want to know for sure how I got it so I can not get it again. Please help!!!
Hmmmmm

We don't know how you got it, and you'll probably never know exactly how you got it.  Trich is a tough one.   If you really want to know test again, but im sure they gave you antibiotics, which would affect the next testing.

Here are some facts:
False positives do happen for STDs, the tests are pretty good though not 100%
You generally get TRICH from unprotected sex.
You can get TRICH from toilet seats surfaces, towels, or the like.
You can have trich for a while undetected but this is unlikely to be your case.
You become suspectable to bacterial STDs like trich, when you are menstrating.

"Pool non-stop" I would bet my money that you aquired it there; but that's just me speculating.
Bottom line: we don't know if you really were infected or where you got it.
My doctor said he don't no how long I had it but it could be 5yrs for that is how long it's been since we touched one another... But I'm wondering if it's this easy to get is it possible to get it by sitting on toilet????
Start your own thread please
My gf of seven years was diagnosed with trich so I went and got tested and came back positive as well.  I have been faithful and my gut tells me she has been as well,  however she does not think I have.  This is probably going to break our home apart we have a 14 month old son and splitting up will be the worst thing I can imagine, if anyone can show scientific proof that this so called STD can infect people without sex I will pay a reward.
Well to put your mind at ease I have had this several times treated with antibiotics and have had absolutely no sex whatsoever! Without going into why but trust me girls can get this. I have history of constant vaginitis, ph imbalance etc etc & the above! The girly garden is a funny world with a mind of its own. Bacterial infections can form for a variety of reasons & not just sex...im the proof! So speak to your gf, its actually her that developed it & gave to you. Bit like candida (yeast infection), another infection thats a pain in the vag..literally