STDs Community
At a loss

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

At a loss

Ok........so a little background for the last 7 months.  I was seeing a woman for a few months and durning that time I never had intercouse with her, however I did have my fingers in her, underwear grinding and I received unprotected oral sex from her on 12-17-06.  I never saw any kinds of blisters or any other indication of an std on her during that time.  On January 2 or 6 I had intense testicle burning.  I noticed a couple of pimples on the shaft of my penis.  There were patches of white dry looking skin.  My inner thighs were burning and I felt an odd sensation in my hands and feet.  I went to the Dr and had an HIV Chlamydia, Gonnorrhea and hep test.......all of which were negative.  The Dr. said the pimples did not appear to be anything, but folliculitis because I did shave my groin area.  The Dr. suggested that I am dealing with anxiety issues.  I let it be for a few more months and the symptoms continued.....the burning seemed to jump around to my legs.......top of my feet.......rectum.......under side and tip of penis and lower abdomen burning.  At some point around the six month mark I went back to the Dr and had another HIV test, Herpeselect HSV1 &2 test(.14 and .12), which I was told meant negative.  I did have another small pimple on the shaft of my penis, which they again felt was folliculitis.  I waited another month and had the same symptoms, so I went to the urologist.   He did a genital exam and found no visual problems.  Um.....he checked my prostate and did not feel a problem.  He did take urine to test, but I haven't heard back yet.  He put me on Urelle for 5 days and Levaquin 500mg for 7 days.  I'm at the 6 day mark with all of the same symptoms.  I'm starting to lose it............  There has to be some kind of reasonable answer with this........  Any ideas or suggestions on possible causes????  I was sure it was Herpes, but they say the blood test is very accurate after 6 months and the symptoms don't last consistanly as long as they have.  Sorry for the length of this, but I tried to give you enough background.
It is very clear that you don't have any STDs.  It is a little unusual to feel this much anxiety about it, and to not be reassured by the negative tests.  It might be worth exploring where these feelings are coming from with a counselor or psychologist.

The only exposure that you describe is very low risk -- receiving oral sex -- and you have been tested for / treated for anything that could conceivably contracted through that.  Dr. Handsfield and others have suggested that normal oral bacteria may occassionally cause inflammation of the male urethra, and that it likely poses no threat to you or future sex partners.

What you describe could be the newly coined "male pelvic pain" syndrome, but its not well understood, and not all docs believe its real.  You could ask your urologist about it.  In any case, this syndrome is not believed to be related to sexual activity.

(I'm not a doctor, so take my advice with a grain of salt)
It has been another year and I still have a lot of genital area burning.  The burning also will extend down my inner thighs.  Often times my genital area will feel kind of sweaty.  I really have no idea what could be the cause.  I've probably had a total of 4 HSV I & II tests that all came back negative.  Does HPV cause the symptoms I described?  Could spinal nerves cause these symptoms???  Thanks.
HPV would not cause these symptoms.

Since you only had oral, HPV isn't even a factor here.  You didn't get anything from this.

Yes, spinal nerves could cause these problems, so seeing a neurologist might be a good idea.  

It sounds as if you still have some anxiety, and that might also be causing these symptoms.  Rule anything physical out with the neuro, and then talk to your doctor about anxiety.  You don't have an std.

Aj
I've had these symptoms for approximately 4 years and no Doctor has any answers.  I had two more separate STD tests in 09 and 10 for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Herpes 1/2, Syphilis, and HIV.  Every test has come back negative.  I've read that others on this site have had similar symptoms, but no real solutions.  Everything I've read says that you can't have Herpes 1/2 if you don't have the antibodies, so I guess I'm over that.  Just still not sure what the cause is, but it is maddening.