STDs Community
Bumps inside vaginal walls

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Bumps inside vaginal walls

Prior to having sex with my GF, I fingered her and found two small bumps inside her vaginal walls.  They were very small, spongy, and felt like small pimples or skin tags.

My understanding is that the vaginal wall occassionally will have small issues like this (pimple, bumps, not uncommon?) and it is likely that this is not a STD unless there is any reason to suspect one is present.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Best and thanks,
If you/she is concerned about it she should see her gyn/ob for it.  

So, If you stick your finger in you GF's vagina and start exploring your going to find things, bumps, etc.  

Avatar n tn
Jesse,

Thanks man.  Just to be clear, the inside of a vagina will regularly have bumps, etc?  

This makes sense.... Thanks all!
Yes, vaginas are lumby from my experience.   I think its a concern if you rub on a lumb, or bump and it hurts her.  
Of course I don't have a vagina
Let ask grace what she thinks.

Oh grace and you help us out... thanks in advance.
vagina's aren't perfectly smooth all the time.

My advice is - discuss this with your gf.  Let her know that you felt something and ask her if she's felt it before too or if it's something new. It can be many things from left over hymen skin, previous tears that healed that way as well as it could be something new that she's not aware of and it needs a proper evaluation from her doctor for.  

I know it's hard to say - hey honey but what are those lumps and bumps I keep feeling - but trust me, the longer you are together, the odder things you'll ask the other about and/or to look at....lol.

grace