STDs Community
Chlamydia/Gonorrhea & Eye problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Chlamydia/Gonorrhea & Eye problems

About 10 weeks ago I messed around with a stripper. No intercourse, but both of us were naked and there was a lot of skin to skin contact. I was drinking heavily, so the details are a little sketchy. Because of that, I went in after 3 weeks to have a full std screen. All tests negative.

Then, two weeks later I retook Chlamydia and Gonorrhea tests to be sure. Both negative. I also re-took a urinalysis to check for any other bacteria/trich, etc. and all came back negative. I also tested HIV negative anti body at 10 weeks.

My only remaining concern is that my wife developed a case of pink eye about 2 months after my contact with this other woman. After digging hard enough, I found that Chlamydia could infect the eye. If I had given it to her and she trasferred it to her eye, it could cause pink-eye like symptoms. Add to that the fact that it has been slow to resolve itself with the drops her dr. gave here, and there's my condern. Here are my questions:

-I've read that if it is Chlamydia it is very rare and would almost always affect one eye, not two. Is this true? Anyone with personal experience in this area?

-Has anyone had issues with the accuracy of gonorrhea/chlamydia tests in the past? Of the two I took, it was about 1 hour after my previous urination (first test) and 3 hours after previous urination (second test).

-Am I delusional to think that I caught something, the tests missed it, I passed it to my wife through intercourse and she transferred it to her eye?

In short, yes, I do think you're delusional.

Did you have an amplification urine/swab test? If so, one test is all you need to tell you if you had gonorrhea/chlamydia. Since you had TWO negative tests, that's 100% reliable as far as I'm concerned that you did not contract gonorrhea or chlamydia. If you're thinking that maybe the bacteria was on your finger and you transmitted to your wife's eye that way, that's not a possibility whatsoever. Your tests show a negative result, so rely on that.

I'm not judging, b/c I've also been there, but please use this experience and the whatever percentage of guilt you're feeling to try to be faithful to your wife...there are just too many consequences when it comes to screwing around on your significant other.

Also, please understand that I'm not a doctor, so what I write is simply my opinion. But as far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to worry about.
Your wife's eye condition is not related to the sexual episode you had. You are feeling guilty for stepping out on your wife.

Clearly, you are in no position psychologically to have sexual arrangements outside your primary relationship. I'm not judging, because I dont' have a problem with people frequenting sex workers or going outside their relationships for sex. But you were not at risk and didn't put your wife at risk, and that should have been the end of the story. Instead, you are freaking out about an unrelated eye condition she has.

Let it go. Millions of men frequent sex workers and engage in what you did and don't have meltdowns about it. Maybe sex outside your relationship just isn't for you. No biggie. Lots of people can compartmentalize their lives in this regard, but many can't. You appear to fall into the latter group.
I had tested positive for Chlamydia i had reason for getting tested.  It had been 3 months since we started sleeping together before i tested positive.  I got treated and have been tested since and it was negative, and now 5 months since my treatment i have pink eye is it related you think??