Chlamydia and NO cheating?!?!?!?
I recently got an IUD inserted in February, i got tested for all STI'S and they all came back clear. Me and my boyfriend have been together 3 years. We had unprotected sex the first year and I was on the pill, the second year i went off the pill and used condoms the third year or so we've been using the IUD. Anyways i recently went to the doc because of symptoms down there and they did a swab and told me i have chlaymida. Me and my boyfriend NEVER cheated. We spend all our time together, dont drink, dont party, dont go to the bar, we spend every weekend together the only time were not together is when i'm working or he is working. He doesnt have female friends and hes just NOT the type to cheat. I work at a GROUP home where the girl there works the streets as a prositutue and also shes a crack addict the other one is a coke addict...I think i picked it up at work....the doc is telling me no one of you cheated....unless my BF has been carrying the virus 3 years (because he never got tested before- but i was clear after unprotected sex) and all the sudden he has a outbreak or soemthing...i really cant think of ANY EXPLINATION, were waiting for his test results and we were both treated for it.....me and him both think his are gonna come negative...then whats the explination gonna be? Did they give me a false positive or did i pick it up at the group home???
you don't get chlamydia from non-sexual means. It's nothing you picked up at work.  if you didn't have another partner recently, he did.

it's also highly  unlikely your bf had chlamydia for 3 years and you have just now contracted it and are symptomatic either.  it's fairly contagious and you most likely would've picked it up the first year together.  

grace
I didn't want to say, but Grace already did.....I agree with her, and I think you're being a bit nieve about the situation when you describe how much time you spend apart.  Not sure what kind of work he does, but just because people say they are at work, doesn't mean they really are at work.  

The other possibility here is a false positive, but if they swabbed you or did a urine test, it was probably 95-97% accurate.  
Oh yes, if his tests come back negative, then chances are it was a false positive, and you didn't get it from work, unless you were having sexual contact with the people at work.  
Ok it's 2013 now last year in november i got tested for chlamydia hiv and more and everything came back negative me and my boyfriend had sex again once in december. January i got a pap smear and it came back positive in february for chlamydia i dnt understand me and my boyfriend have been together for a year now and we've had sex plenty times before why was the test negative in november but everysince december its now positive? Did he cheat on me?
You said it if he didn't cheat someone did
On one hand I disagree with what the others are saying. Men can carry chlamydia around for years without knowing. Plus you do not necessarily contract an std the first time you have sex, or even the second. The red flag here is that you said you tested for it before while you were with him and it came out negative. How long had you been having sex before you got a negative test result? If it was just at the very beginning and the sex was protected, he has a shot at innocence. But if not then he probably cheated. Did he or you have another partner right before your relationship began? That is another thing to speculate.

With std's there are variables so std does not always equal cheating. If he passes these questions I presented and you have no other reason to doubt him, wait for something else to come up. Your first test could have been done too soon or could have been false negative. Ppl seem black and white about this and it actuallysaddens me. I was diagnosed with trich and I am also positive that my husband and I have been 100 per cent faithful. But the difference is that we have never been tested for the disease before. Now I am still waiting for his test but imagine if he comes out negative that will make me look guilty and I can assure you I am innocent. He said that he believes me no matter what and is hurt that I have accused him. Thankfully not everyone in the world is so closed minded that they cannot see a range of possibilities. I think there has got to be another way to get trich OR you can carry it forever without knowing.
I've been married for 9 years and I've only had sex with that one women for the last 11 years.  I now have small blister like bumps(that are not sore) on the bottom part of the head of my penis and it also burns very bad when I pee.  I also am noticing clear/cloudy discharge coming from the tip of my penis.  Could this be anything but an STD?
My bf at the time came clean about cheating on me, when he did i got tested immediately and the result came back positive with chlamydia. I then informed him of those results and he got tested and was given medication for it. Before I got into any sexual contact with my ex I was tested and everything was negative. When his results came back he tested negative. I have never in the 9 months of being with this guy never not once cheated on him... Now he is trying to say i cheated since i was tested positive and him negative. This has had me sooo stressed out because i have never cheated on this man i loved him and would never cheat on him. How is it possible that i tested positive and he tested negative when he was the one cheating on me all this time?? Please help because this is driving me insane.
From my understanding... it is very possible that the bacteria could have been very small and undetectable in men for a undocumented amount of time.  Unfortunately for us women and our very moist and warm vaginas it can grow and become detectable in a STD test.  So be assured that it is
very possible for a man to have Chlamydia for an UNDOCUMENTED amount of time..  The bad part about STD statistics is that most people want to rid themselves of the infection and never return to the doctor for
a follow up visit due to embarrassment. "they figure symptoms gone-good to go" leaving people like you, unclear to the specifics of the STD..
Chlamydia has by for the most vague description/ explanation on how to contract this STD , I have ever come across...
Everyone on here is wrong..I got chlamydia from a tick that bit my on my calf muscle. Science doesnt know the answers to everything all the time. Read.. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3565243/
Its main way of transference is through bodily fluids but there are other ways. I have lymes disease...and for me this is how I got it. So ppl need to be more open minded about the fact that we as a species dont know the nature of EVERYTHING.
very doubtful you picked it up at work.