Colon ulcers caused by STD???
After having some bowel problems, I had a colonoscopy, which showed that I have ulcers on my colon, approximately 30 cm in.  Although the results of the biopsies taken during the colonoscopy and the stool cultures are still pending, my doctor told me I need to go to my gynecologist and get tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia.  However, I was tested 3 years ago, and was negative, and have been in the same monogamous relationship since then.  Also, I have never had anal sex.  Could colon ulcers be caused by an STD in a person who has never had anal sex?  I am skeptical, and I don't want to be tested again unless it is a real possibility.
Must be a reason why your gi doc suggested the further testing - did you ask for the reasoning?  They could've easily ordered up the testing too - why didn't they?

Odds are that this is something non-std going on. I'd give the provider who suggested the testing a call and ask why they suggested it and let them know that you were tested a few years ago and haven't changed partners.  Why spend the money/time if you don't have to on more testing by a different provider?

grace
Thanks, Grace.  I'm wondering if this is physically possible - does anyone know?
I believe the Dr mentioned to see your gynecologist because std infection can cause bowel problems.....and not because you have been in a monogamous relationship doesn't me the other person hasn't or wouldn't cheat...Its safe to get a check-up every year just to be safe.....