STDs Community
Did i test too early for tests to be accurate?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

after 7 months of being sexually active with one person i was tested for gonorrhea chlamydia and trich - i also had an ultrasound and pelvic exam.
everything came back normal and negative to stds.

i was tested about 18 days after the last time i had sex.
i am not sure if he cheated so im wondering if 18 days after the last time having sex would be accurate to test for the the three stds i have mentioned.

thank you
yes this was more than enough time for testing for chlamydia , gonorrhea and trich.

grace
If I had chlamydia or any other STD , would I have known if the tests were taken over a year ago?
If you've caught Chlamydia or Gon AFTER you tested negative for the STDS then you may not know you have it.They can go silent x
about 18 days after i had sex with the 1 one person i was tested.
but i'm wondering if it was too early to test and also it may have been negative but what if he had recently caught the infection then gave it to me then i got tested too early .... lol ... i dont think im making sense hah
you asked about this encounter on the chlamydia forum. now you are asking about it here. why don't you believe the answers you were given ?

im just worried.
I understand what you mean -- just go to the doctor and get tested and treated then if it is positive get treated for PID aswell.
18 days is long enough for it to show up of a test
your testing 18 days post encounter was accurate for the std's you listed. you are worrying needlessly!!

are you going to follow up with syphilis testing at the 6 week mark and herpes, hiv and hepatitis testing after 3 months too?

yes i will soon.