STDs Community
Finger-like growths on Labia

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Finger-like growths on Labia

I went to planned parenthood about 3 weeks ago for a check up, and the woman who I saw noticed these growths/splits on my labia minora. On either side, right across from one another near my clitoris. I also have a few on the clitoral hood as well, and just recently I started to get a little itchy in that location. When the Dr. who I saw noticed these, she said that it may either be a part of my regular vaginal structure, or it could be genital warts. But that judging by the look of them, it was too hard to tell yet and to just keep an eye on them and if they start looking cauliflower-ish, then to come in and get treated because chances are it IS genital warts.

I have tried to research genital warts and look at as many forums as I possibly can, to try and see if other people have the same look to their questionable growths as I do. When the first doctor I saw noticed these, she was so confused as to what it could be that she had another woman come in and take a look. Both said it could just be normal growths that are popping up, or could POSSIBLY be GW. I keep looking down there every day to see if any changes occur. So far, nothing has changed texture-wise but I DO think that I have a few more on my clitoral hood that I did when the Dr initially spotted these growths. i have about 5 finger-like splits/growths on one side of my labia minora, and directly across on the other side I have about 3. maybe 5 of so on my clitoral hood, and they are much smaller but still have that finger-like look.

My question is, does this sound like it could possibly be the beginnings of genital warts? Also, if it is NOT genital warts, is this something common that many women can have happen to them? Im trying not to stress, but these finger-like growths are getting the best of me! ANY advice or suggestions as to what this could be, are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think someone needs to biopsy these for you.  It could be warts, maybe lichen sclerosis, among other things, but waiting and seeing is a strange approach.

Aj
Where would I go to get a biopsy? Could the planned parenthood do that for me or do I need to go somewhere else?
Planned Parenthood should be able to do that.  If not, ask them for a referral to a good GYN.

Aj
I know it's been a long time but I have something happening to me that is, from what I Read in your description, exqctlynthe same thing. One jures said it was GW, but my familia doctor and gano said that no, it wasn't. They all said it was normal, but just 4 months ago I did not have Those growths/splits. Did you find out what they were?