STDs Community
Genital Warts under tongue?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Genital Warts under tongue?

I was diagnosed with genital warts about 7 months ago.  Since then, it has basically cleared... only been clear for a month so I'm not saying I am fully cleared or anything.

However, last month I noticed some growths under my tongue, about 3 warts/flesh like growths inbetween the V-Portion of my tongue and then some growths on the actual V-Lines under my tongue.  They are all flesh like.

I went to my dermatologist who then said it was irritation.  After applying salic acid as recommended nothing really happened.  He then consulted with an ENT who looked at me for about 5 seconds and said it was not genital warts and nothing to be concerned with.

I saw him one more time and he basically said it was just natural growths that won't go away and some people get them and some don't.  He said it is absolutely not a disease, and not warts.

I am skeptical because at first he said it should go away and then he said it won't go away and not to worry.  He knows I had/have genital warts.  I am also confident in his diagnosis because he looked at them and an ENT briefly looked at them and they said they are not warts and not to worry.

What do you guys think, what could this possibly be???  I am concerned they could be warts but at the same time I think the doctors know more than I do.  Also, the bumps are painless.
you've been seen by medical professionals who did not feel that this was hpv going on. ( fyi genital warts appear on the genitals, you wouldn't call it genital warts in your oral area ).  Continue to follow up on this with your provider(s) as needed.

grace
Grace,

Thank you very much for your response.  Maybe I'm just skeptical because I'm working in a foreign country (Saudi Arabia) and have not been able to see my doctor... so I went to some hospital here where I saw those physicians.

Do you have any idea what this could be?  What do oral warts typically look like and where do they occur?

Like I said before, there are some bumps on the V lines under my tongue and about 3 flesh colored bumps in-between the two lines. They do not hurt at all.

As a PA, have you ever heard of such condition?
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would post what I found out.  

Turns out I have a few a normal papillae underneath my tongue.
Glad to hear you found your problem. Genital warts wouldn't be in the inside of your mouth.
you can get genital warts HPV inside your mouth, on your tongue, underneath your tongue and even in your throat
Hello, i got the same ,they look like a regular irritations but if you look closely they got a tiny black point on top( that means its a wart) that's what my dermatologist said, he hasnt burn them down since it might go away..i hope they go away after im clean in my genital area...
I see that you post this in 2010, how you being doing with this?? Cause i just got this, what can i do ,what q you recommend me to get rid of this things underneath my tongue....please,help

Which doctor did you go to? I think I have the same symptom under my tongue and I would like to get it checked. How were you sure it was not wart?
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers