STDs Community
Getting stds through someone elses semen in her mouth?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hey there,

This is sort of an unusual question, but I worry a lot and I'm going to ask it.

I had this girl perform unprotected oral on me (I'm a male) a few times over the course of a night. I went to visit her at around midnight at her place. She tells me that she is a virgin, and has only given oral sex to 3 guys in the past.

Earlier that day, she told me that she was having a friend over around 5 PM, and I think he left around 9 or 10 PM, but I'm not sure.

It turns out she hooked up with that friend earlier in the day, and I'm almost certain she also gave oral sex to him.

Is it possible that his semen in her mouth could give me STDs if she sucked on me a few hours later? Wouldn't the saliva/bacteria in her mouth, change in temperature, her probably swallowing most of it, and her breathing air on it kill everything in it? Is it possible to get HIV this way, or any other STDs?

Also, what STDs should I be looking out for with oral, and whats the window period here?

Thank you for all of your help! I really greatly appreciate it!

Its possible to get gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes type 1 and NGU from oral sex, regardless of how long ago she had been with another guy.  

You might get burning, painful urination, discharge, etc., with gonorrhea and NGU.  You can test for those in a week.

Syphilis and herpes would give you a sore or sores.  Syphilis is uncommon, so I wouldn't worry too much about that, and you might get a herpes sore within 2-20 days.  

Aj
Hey,

Thank you for your response.

Why is it that the other person's semen in her mouth won't give me any stds from oral sex? Are HIV and other diseases dying because of saliva/temperature/bacteria/oxygen in the mouth? I'm just confused about this...why doesn't the amount of time after the other person came in her mouth matter?

Thank you!
There are certain STD's that can live in the oral cavity.  If she caught one of those STDs from a previous partner, even if it hasn't esablished a full infection yet but is just hanging out happily, she can pass it right off to you.

She could have picked up bacteria months ago from one of the other guys or just recieved a fresh batch from the guy just before you.