STDs Community
HIV x high lymphocyte count!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HIV x high lymphocyte count!!

I had a problem with the condom at the 1st (and last) time I was with a man, 7 weeks ago...
(I'm a woman)
I've been feeling horrible symptoms since then. Some come and go, but I'm never ok: when some symptoms go, others are there. Yes, 7 restless weeks!
Symptoms are the craziest possible (I've never experienced anything like this before, all symptoms as severe as could be!):
Night sweats, nausea, diarrhea, sinusitis, pain/ swollen eyes, photophobia, rash (also a little pustule "downtown", if you know what I mean), sore throat, loss of appetite, dry cough, headache, pain in the neck (sides and back), earache, buzzing in ears, mouth sores, stains in the mouth roof, burning gums (whole mouth), fatigue, dizziness, chills x hot flashes, twitches (twice), I've also got some tiny white blisters in the inner corners of my mouth that no dr. knows what they are (one said yeast infection, but looks like fordyce. It's not herpes for sure, 'cause it doesn't itch or hurt), etc  etc etc
Crazy, isn't it?

I had blood tests for HIV and syphilis right after "exposure", and they came out negative. I was tested again today (don't have the result yet) and I'll get tested later again for sure.
I started to get (more) worried because today I got the result of some blood tests, and I have a high lymphocyte count.
I know that that high count means infection by virus or bacteria...
and that HIV is a virus....
And I love Aristotlelian logic, but according to it, I can be infected with HIV....
So I better ask someone else (not Aristotle, heheh) - is there ANY (even the slightest) possibility that a high lymphocyte count means I'm infected with HIV?
I won't get desperate or anything, I just want to know in order to get prepared for whatever comes)
Thank you very much
No, this wouldn't be a sign of early HIV.  It can however, be a sign of mono, a very common virus, and it sounds like many of your symptoms could be that.

AJ
I got tested again and the result for HIV is never ready. By now, all I know is that this is not hepatitis, not toxoplasmosis, not rubeola.... and now - to make things better - I've got a yeast infection....
A yeast infection on top of everything else - lovely, huh?

Have you tested for mono?

Aj
no, my dr didn't ask a test for mono yet. I hope he does it soon. Sorry if the post appears twice, I just wanted to post it once...
Good luck, and ask him to explain the high count to you, and what he thinks is causing it.

Aj
i had made a blood test after a possible exposure ...hiv is negative but there is some thing was going wrong i found an increase of t lymph by0.5 and decrease of monocytes ...what is the relation between t lympho and hiv
All HIV questions belong in the HIV communtiy, see the link above. And when posting questions start your own thread dedicated to your question alone.
i had a lymphocyte count of 59 and I have the following symptoms myalgia, low grade fever, weight loss, loss of appetite..Am I at risk of HIV?
Start a thread of your own in the HIV forum.