STDs Community
HPV & HERPES

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HPV & HERPES

i had and abnormal pap smear- i was told that HPV was found...3 months later I took another pap and it can back normal.  I had blood work done and I was told that i have Herpes 2.  is that possible when i have no symptoms. I'm confuse is HPV  & HERPES related..

This discussion is related to HPV vs. Herpes.
HPV is warts and HSV is herpes, 2 different things. Yes you can have herpes with no symptoms. Any further questions about herpes or HPV please post in those communities, see the link above. Those communities will have the best info for you.
Yes that is very possible with herpes. If your blood test shows that you have herpes it is 100%. So, you have herpes. And you have HPV. They're not really related but HPV makes it easier for herpes to infect you. However, HPV usually goes away on its own, especially if you are infected with low-risk HPV. Herpes is just annoying and won't do any damage to you in the long run. So, it really isn't that bad. Just make sure you keep up with the pap smears to make sure your HPV is going away instead of advancing.