STDs Community
Help! I think I have chlamydia and I have some questions about testing....

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Help! I think I have chlamydia and I have some questions about testing.

So about 4 days ago I had unprotected sex with an ex-boyfriend... Yesterday, he called to inform me her had tested positive for chlamydia. Which means I likely have it... Now here's where I need some help.
I called Planned Parenthood and they told me to wait 2 to 3 weeks to get tested because symptoms normally don't show until then... Is it possible to test positive for it before having symptoms? Cause the sooner I take care of this, the better.
Also, after he finished, I cleaned up and then later he went down on me and then proceeded to kiss me.. could I possibly contract it in the mouth as well? I've seemed to have come down with a nasty sinus infection (with all the fixins: sore back, throbbing head, stuffed sinuses and slight sore throat) and I don't know if that's related.... Help...
Yu can get chlamydia in the back of the throat as well as vagina &' anus so when yu get tested be sure to let them kno all the types of sex yu had w/ the infected person
Yes, you can get it in your throat.  I had it once and had the symptoms you're describing.  It only takes about 3 days for it to show up with symptoms, so, I don't know why they told you to wait 3 weeks.  I guess b/c it's easier to test?  

If you have insurance, get in to see a Dr as soon as possible.  They can treat you even without symptoms.  I would think that since you've had sex with someone who showed up positive within the last week, they would want to treat you anyways.  Chlamydia is tricky.  A lot of people don't show symptoms and it can wreak havoc on your reproductive organs.  

Demand to be treated.  If that PP won't help you, another walk in clinic or dr's office will.  Good luck.