STDs Community
Help Me Please, I'm Freaking Out!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Help Me Please, I'm Freaking Out!

I'm a healthy 22 year old male who works part time and is a student full time. I work out five days a week, an avid runner, and very active. On January 1, 2011 I was celebrating New Years Eve with some friends and ended up going to this party. I got really drunk and I ended up passing out at this party. This guy who was at this party who I found out ended up giving me oral sex and I performed oral sex on him. When I was passed out he stuck his penis in my mouth and he put my penis in his mouth. I didn't find out until the next morning when he showed me the video he took on his cell phone and tried to black mail me. Long story short, I told my older brother who kicked his *** and made him pay. No bodily fluids were exchanged, that I do know!

Prior to that I had never been with another man. I had been with only three girls my whole life and have always used protection. Since this incident, I've been depressed, worried and very agitated about getting or having an STD. I haven't had sexual contact since then, just masturbation. Two days after the incident, I got tested for Chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, and AIDS. I took meds for Chlamydia and gonorrhea to kill the disease even if I didn't have it.  All I've tested negative for and I've been retested for HIV/AIDS three months after my first test, at the six month period, and then again at nine months afterward. Negative every time! However, since that day I've been checking myself/self examine myself daily for anything abnormal. I've made myself sick over this.

Now today October 1, 2011, nine months after the incident I haven't had any major symptoms. However, my penis has began to itch a little. Nothing extreme just a simple scratch on the back of the head of the penis. I didn't know if it could be from masturbation or the oil I use as lube? Also I found a small bump towards the top of the shaft that looks like a papule which is a simple white spot, but again I'm not sure. It's not big and it looks like a papule. It doesn't ooze or look like the color of a Genital Wart! I talked to a doctor who examined me on my sixth month examination and told me she saw nothing out of the ordinary. She also told me that the diseases I'm most endangered of getting are Herpes II and HPV (Genital Warts) both are nightmares to even think about.

I just want to know what are the chances nine months afterward the incident of getting something. I've looked up the symptoms and I have no burning, no painful urination, or anything like that. I just want a second opinion! So please someone help me. No fluids were exchanged I know that much and the oral contact happened for like 10 seconds on me and no more than 2 minutes on this other guy. What are my chances of catching something? Again, I've been seriously depressed and worried over this incident and I just want to know to try to move on. Help me please!!!
Tags: depressed, STD, help, check up, clinic
the provider you saw is wrong actually - you won't get hpv or hpv from oral sex.  ngu and hsv1 are your biggest risks from oral sex and you would've had symptoms from them within a few days to weeks of the incident and you had no symptoms so no reason for any continued worry from it. same as you won't get hiv from oral sex either - you wasted a lot of time and  money needlessly testing for it.

your anxiety over this sounds like the main problem. have you talked to a rape counselor or any other sort of counselor/therapist at all about this?

grace
Grace,

Thanks for answering back! I'm getting tested for Herpes tomorow I've decided to settle my nerves. I also think your right that my nerves have a lot to do with it. I freak myself out and I've always been that way. No, I haven't talked to a grief counselor. I've just tried to put it out of my mind, but it's not working. I'll look into help. Thank you again, it means a lot!
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers