STDs Community
Hydrogen Peroxide on Herpes Lesions?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hydrogen Peroxide on Herpes Lesions?

I have read many sites forums where people talk of using OTC things to treat OBs. One that intriged me was putting peroxide on the OB. I was just wondering the best way to go about doing this. How much, how long, just the basics. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, without medicinal treatment, how long will an OB last?
I don't think hydrogen peroxide should go any where near the genitals...  doesnt' sound right to me... but what do I know.  I would ask a dr before doing such a thing.  Call in anonomously if you need to.
Peroxide just dries out the skin. it's actually no longer recommended to be used routinely for skin care because it actually damages the skin and can cause even worse problems.  it's what they use for non-chlorine bleach - would you put clorox on your genitals if some website told you to do it?

If you want to help dry lesions out faster - look into tea tree oil, burrow's solution or even steeping a tea bag and using it as a compress. Less chance of skin damage using them.
What do you mean by steeping a tea bag?
Nuke some water in the microwave, stick a tea bag in it for a few minutes, take it out and let it cool down then squeeze out the excess water in it and apply it as a compress to the area for 5-10 minutes.  You can even sip on the cuppa tea if you want while sitting there with the compress on :)  Just don't use the tea bag as a compress until it's cool and won't burn your skin.  
If you take valtrex a week from the first sysmptoms of an outbreak will it help?
I hate it, its so painful to pee :(