STDs Community
Is there a shot to treat both chlamydia?
About This Community:

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is there a shot to treat both chlamydia?

I was infected with chlyamydia months ago and gave it to my boyfriend. I was treated though with arithomycin and when he went to the doctor they gave him just one shot in his butt and that is all...I was wondering if they treated him correctly and does this mean it is okay for us to continue sexual intercourse...I do not want to become re infected?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091 tn?1337713093
Neither one of you were treated correctly.  The correct treatment for chlamydia is either zithromax or doxycycline.

You both should be re-tested to make sure its fone.

Aj
Blank
207091 tn?1337713093
Oh did you mean azithromycin or erythromycin?  Was it a few pills at once or spread over a week or so?

Aj
Blank
I have a slightly foul oder no discharge no pain itching or irritation I had inprotected sex and don't smell fresh and clean .....freaking out
Blank
I have a slightly foul oder no discharge no pain itching or irritation I had inprotected sex and don't smell fresh and clean .....freaking out
Blank
Blank
Start a thread of your own
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703