STDs Community
Itch/Bumps on vagina and strep throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Itch/Bumps on vagina and strep throat

I Recently started having a sexual relationship with my new boyfriend, we had sex twice, after the second time I felt as  though I was starting to get a sore throat.  During sex he tore my vagina a little, and I noticed that it burned when I peed, I just thought this had something to do with the tear.  Anyway My throat got worse and I noticed a bump on my vagina, so let the throat go for 3 more days, the worse it got, I noticed more bumps on my vagina, I went to the doctor for the throat and was diagnosed with Strep, I have just started taking the meds,  I wanted to know If the Bumps on my vagina are related to the Strep or If I may have recieved and STD, I did not ask the doctor about it, because I was to emabarresed, but I am not having sex with the anyone until I know what is going on.   So is it an STD, or does it just have to do with the Strep Throat?  thanks