STDs Community
Itch/Bumps on vagina and strep throat

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Itch/Bumps on vagina and strep throat

I Recently started having a sexual relationship with my new boyfriend, we had sex twice, after the second time I felt as  though I was starting to get a sore throat.  During sex he tore my vagina a little, and I noticed that it burned when I peed, I just thought this had something to do with the tear.  Anyway My throat got worse and I noticed a bump on my vagina, so let the throat go for 3 more days, the worse it got, I noticed more bumps on my vagina, I went to the doctor for the throat and was diagnosed with Strep, I have just started taking the meds,  I wanted to know If the Bumps on my vagina are related to the Strep or If I may have recieved and STD, I did not ask the doctor about it, because I was to emabarresed, but I am not having sex with the anyone until I know what is going on.   So is it an STD, or does it just have to do with the Strep Throat?  thanks